ot: cephalopods always amaze me

jnmartin

• Members
You know why this is especially scary?

Say they can use the dolphins for locomotion... maybe a lot of that energy they normally expend for movement can be redirected toward the development of their brain/nervous system.
:eek:

We're all in trouble now.
:cry:

that or develop muscles that will allow them to propell themselves off of the dolphin mid air. They could take low flying birds out of the sky.

• Members

If they hadn't backed themselves into an evolutionary corner of dying in the act of reproduction, they'd probably have taken over the world by now. Smart, smart creatures, absolutely the coolest things in the ocean.

How does dying in the act of reproduction inhibit evolution? As long as they can still reproduce, they can still evolve.

• Members
I love you. Please make with the babies.
:love:

P.s. do you know if there is a higher resolution version of that picture? I'd like to use it as a wallpaper for one of my desktops.
:)

The artist is Brandon Bird. I have a print of this in my living room. It is friggin awesome. He has a lot of sweet/funny {censored}. Robocop/James Woods last supper!!!

SB

• Members

How does dying in the act of reproduction inhibit evolution? As long as they can still reproduce, they can still evolve.

No impedance to evolution, just to any individual organism having a long life and correspondingly higher brain development. The ones that get put in aquariums become clever bastards indeed!

Archived