need info on mesa rackmount amps

Fatstrat57

• Members

I have 2/3 rack spaces that I want to fill with some kind of mesa boogie (love the gained up drive of the recording pre)

so, I was thinking of getting the recording pre plus a power amp.. but I swear that I've seen entire mesa head BUILT into a rackspace. Like, the amps were made just for being in a rack, not just adapted later. Where can I find those, and what models do they come in??

• Members

I know for sure that mark III and mark IVs came in rackmount versions they can also be easily be converted into rackmounts. and the DC- series and caliber series are pretty much the same chassis construction as the marks i believe so you could probably convert those too.

Noodle of the offspring use to have like 3 or 4 Mesa MArk IV rack heads he took on tour with him

• Members

I know for sure that mark III and mark IVs came in rackmount versions they can also be easily be converted into rackmounts. and the DC- series and caliber series are pretty much the same chassis construction as the marks i believe so you could probably convert those too.

Noodle of the offspring use to have like 3 or 4 Mesa MArk IV rack heads he took on tour with him

You can rackmount all mesa shortheads with a rackmountkit and they made a rackmount racktifier.

Amps that can be rackmounted with a rackmountkit (only the short chassis versions though):

Mark I

Mark II a/b/c/c+

Mark III

Mark IV

Studio .22/.22+

Caliber .50/.50+

Dual calibers

F30

DR Maverick/blue angel

Lonestar classic/special

All the short chassis stuff....., maybe I missed some.

Archived