My neighbors def hate me now ha

nitrous2400

• Members

yeah dude its in my hometown so I'm gonna be way amped if it actually happens, and it'll prob be around the same size show
:facepalm:
I just cant actually see my band playing a driveway its just gonna be a mess of bodies and blood
:love:
and I see the show gettin shut down again during my bands set
:facepalm:

:

Yeah, we were playing, we're definitely not a brootz band or anything, think Tool kinda {censored}, and some kid yells Free Bird. I swear I have never seen a human fly before, but that {censored}er did.

• Members
lol- my neighbor across the tracks has dogs and goes outside and gets them barking almost every morning at about 7:30/8 am. they can kiss my ass as far as im concearned, but no one has ever complained about my amp- i usually play it at gig volume inside just about any time i turn it on, not for that long though
:idk:

{censored} neighbors dude srsly since i moved into this house its been horrible, I miss my old town, I used to hang with at all my neighbors houses till like 4am and never have a single arguement we'd have parties and bbqs together but this {censored}in place just sucks ... I'm just gonna play louder and louder each day as their punishment :idea:

• Members

This is off topic, but an honest question...

I came home from school for the weekend, and I haven't played my Einstein for a month.

I dimed it. Your neighbors hate you! I live in the "historic district" of town
(read old fogeyville)
and they {censored}ing call me an asshole whenever they see me. I love it.

... what is the point of putting "read" or "read:" at the beginning inside parentheses? Do most people never read what's inside parentheses or what? Even if I am going to skip over it, I have to find the ending parenthesis -- am I supposed to just completely ignore the words inside of the parentheses? How would I even do that? :idk::facepalm:

I find it annoying, because you are trying to tell me how to read or something. Not to mention it's an extra word to read.

• Members
Yeah, we were playing, we're definitely not a brootz band or anything, think Tool kinda {censored}, and some kid yells Free Bird. I swear I have never seen a human fly before, but that {censored}er did.

ha thats {censored}in awesome well if we play i def think the :cop: is coming :mad:. we sound similar to whitechapel, bury your dead, suicide silence :facepalm: I'm pretty sure its gonna be a show we regret :love:

• Members

... what is the point of putting "read" or "read:" at the beginning inside parentheses? Do most people never read what's inside parentheses or what? Even if I am going to skip over it, I have to find the ending parenthesis -- am I supposed to just completely ignore the words inside of the parentheses? How would I even do that?
:idk::facepalm:

Good question, I just do it because I assumed it was proper grammar. I have no idea how it started. I think it was originally used as clarification, then the parenthesis were added later.

• Members

... what is the point of putting "read" or "read:" at the beginning inside parentheses? Do most people never read what's inside parentheses or what? Even if I am going to skip over it, I have to find the ending parenthesis -- am I supposed to just completely ignore the words inside of the parentheses? How would I even do that?

I find it annoying, because you are trying to tell me how to read or something. Not to mention it's an extra word to read.

no its just a way of further describing a particular word or phrase.

instead of saying just " i live in the historic district", he's saying "I live in the historic district....aka the oldfogeyville!"

-or-

"I like pounding {censored}!" - Lewey

(Read:" I'm a complete homo but I don't want anyone to know! - lewey)

-or-

you are an illiterate {censored}. (Read :facepalm:)

• Members

it's just another way of saying "in other words" or "also called", or something like that.

• Members

The read: "subject here" is meant to allude toa euphamism and the the translation thereof of the preceding text. IE: My date was a gorgeous creature (Read: stacked tits/killer ass/dumb as a stick).

This use of descriptor is a simple way to allude (read: point directly to,) the intended understanding you want your readers to have.

Carry on. I live in an apartment, so this would be a no go either way for my neighbours...

-Curtis

• Members

Basically it just describes the true/actual/intended meaning of the word.

Archived