What 15" speaker should I put in a Vibroclone?

AzunigaToo

• Members

I need suggestions for a 15" speaker to mount in a Vibroclone which is really a Bandmaster Reverb in a Cab with a 15" baffle.

I am hoping to get a clean twin like punch although the Amps is breaking up pretty early. It has a Carvin 15" now that actually mixed really well with the band (Chicago, Jump, and Texas Blues) but I can't help think what i can be with the right JBL or Jensen.

Any ideas? Thanks for your thoughts.

• Members

i'd think an altec or a jbl'd do you just right for a really clean bark-- but you could try an emi commonwealth 15 too.

I called LoudSpeakerPlus online speakers today and they Highly recommended the Emi Big Ben 15. I will read up on the Commonwealth 15. Do you know anything about it?

• Members

I called LoudSpeakerPlus online speakers today and they Highly recommended the Emi Big Ben 15. I will read up on the Commonwealth 15. Do you know anything about it?

not much, really-- it's s'posed to be a copy of the jbl 130.. or at least be similar.

the big ben-- if i'm not mistaken- is a 15" celestion-esque speak. can't speak as to that'n.. i really love the sound of 15"s in guitar amps-- particularly if yer fingerpicking!

Archived