Dumble Speaks

Reverend Cheese

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Henry Kaiser is such an ass. All he is capable of doing is making horrid sounds from gear that costs many thousands of bucks. No musical abilities whatsoever. He probably has to pay people to hang out with him. Here he is, using the rarest and most expensive amp on earth, when a crappy solid state Behringer would have worked just as well to reproduce that raucous noise. As for Dumble tone, yeah, Fuchs has it down better than anyone. Listen to this demo by Michael Lewis. He makes a Paul sound incredible through a Fuchs.

[YOUTUBE]
[/YOUTUBE]

• Members

In my opinion, you don't have to like Henry Kaiser, but you have to respect what people like him do. At the end of the day, music is art and like any form of art, it isn't always pretty or plesant, sometimes that just isn't the point.

Honestly, Kaiser isn't my favorite either, but to call him "an ass" with "no musical abilities whatsoever" is just plain ignorant. Don't bash something you clearly don't understand.

• Members
i think that's true for 99% of amp designers out there... i doubt most of these guys have anything more than a rudimentary knowledge of electronics, let alone physics. i mean, all you have to do is rip off another guy's circuit that he ripped off from marshall that they ripped off from fender that fender ripped off from some nameless RCA engineer, tweak a few values and sell it for $5000...

Like Leo Fender, Ken Bran (Marshall), Mike Soldano..

Ever heard an amp improved by an electronics tech?

Had a Ampeg reverborocket that was "gone-over" by an engineer (Designs hi-tech devices for crash testing) also a guitarist, and managed to get most of that durned tone removed. REAL quiet though,

This is the GIT/BERKELEY grad crap-technically wiz bang folks who generally sound as neutered as the folks who show up to see 'em.:facepalm:

• Members

naaa
had he used a crappy ss Behringer - the raucous noise produced would have been flawed and not as horrid sounding.

Goes to show you, if your RICH you can use anything you want.
And make all the god aweful noise you want, and get paid to do it! :facepalm:

Archived