Recommend me some pickups for 2 guitars.

metalfanat1c

• Members

K. I have an Ibanez EX-1500 which is a maple bodied HSH guitar with a pickguard and a floating non-locking trem. It's also a maple neck with a maple fretboard. It's all high mids and twang.

I also have an Agathis bodied Silvertone that plays great but sounds like a fart. It's a really bassy guitar, but the pickups seem to have a lot of top end, which makes them scooped sounding.

Recommend pickups in the sub $100/per range.

• Members

Look into Tom Andersons pickups. Honestly, I this his stuff is the best I've heard (even when paired against stuff like Bareknuckle and Lundgren). And all of his pickups are in the $100 a piece range.

His H series pickups are my favorite, very balanced and even response. The H+ series pickups are darker for an overly bright guitar. The HN series pickups are brighter (use Neo magnets) for overly bassy guitars.

Shoot him over an e-mail, he's very helpful.

• Members
Look into Tom Andersons pickups. Honestly, I this his stuff is the best I've heard (even when paired against stuff like Bareknuckle and Lundgren). And all of his pickups are in the $100 a piece range.

His H series pickups are my favorite, very balanced and even response. The H+ series pickups are darker for an overly bright guitar. The HN series pickups are brighter (use Neo magnets) for overly bassy guitars.

Shoot him over an e-mail, he's very helpful.

Thanks, man. Email sent to Mr. Anderson. :thu:

Archived