Critique on my new song/recording

stickboymusic

• Members

Hello

I posted this song as a rough video a short while back and finally got round to recording it today..... after being with it the last 4 hours i dont fell 100 percent happy with it i dont think.... maybe i have just heard it too much.... or maybe it just isnt a good one....

Appreciate any helpful feedback

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=977998&songID=8264716

xxx

• Members

I liked the acoustic version of this song but now I think this is more like a dance mix. I'm not crazy about it. I'd try it without the drums and I'd bring your voice up in the mix. You've got a cool voice so I think that should be the most prominent "instrument". I do like the banjo, but I'm biased in that regard. Over all the quality of the recording seems good, I'm just not crazy about the drums. I'll give you a three out four thumbs up. :thu::thu::thu:

Cheers,

Deric

• Members

yeh you're probably right - im not that keen on it either i don't think.... i was just trying to take it somewhere else, make it a little different but have probably gone too far..... maybe a more stripped down version would be better

thanks man

x

I like the idea, but that "four on the floor" snare is just horrid. I would keep the acoustic guitar but not the banjo. The subtractive synth is ok but too loud, and if it had some kind of tempo synched effect it would fit better. More reverb/chorus on the "uh-oh" vocal part - if you brought the vocal clips into a sampler and started messing with them there it would be cool.

Again, good song, nice idea. The bam-bam-bam-bam snare was the only deal breaker for me.

• Members

absolutely - i dont really know what happened...i used to be so good at this...haha....ive been going through those wierd "creative block" periods for nearly a year and finally got back to recording yesterday and just put EVERYTHING on it , to the point that now the song is lost amongst a load of sounds..... its time for a rethink on this one

thanks for the comments

x

Archived