Recommended strings for lower tunings ?

danjovi

• Members

prob around a 65-70 depending on your preference.

I play an ec1000 which is the same scale length in drop G# and i use 14-70s. just know that the string might not fit thru the post and be sure to adjust your saddles and nut to seat the string properly.

• Members

I play d'addario 12s with a wound 3rd. Actually made that switch back when I had a LP Classic. It takes some getting used to, but the tone is awesome.
I've been thinking of going to elixirs lately, though. I don't know if I can easily find them in that size, but my buddy uses them. I'm pretty impressed by how they feel, and how long they last.

• Members

GHS Boomers GB-LOW. Made for low tuning. Thicker core for additional tension over other strings of the same overall diameter. Love 'em.

Didn't know that.

I ditched the {censored}ing Ernie Balls because of their smaller core, and I was wondering which strings were the total opposite.

• Members

thanks fellas

13s maybe?

I like the way 10's feel in standard tuning or drop D tuning.

On a gibson lp classic what would be around the same ball park in "feel" for drop A# ?

sorry if someone already answered that and i didnt quite understand

• Members

GHS Boomers GB-LOW. Made for low tuning. Thicker core for additional tension over other strings of the same overall diameter. Love 'em.

Does anyone know of any other strings with an extra thick core?

Is there a brand in particular that uses thicker cores than all others?

Archived