identify this body!!

xbox540

• Members

With just seeing the body it could be any custom or any knockoff brand. Fail for getting a guitar on ebay with a 'floyd' rose that isn't either the original Schaller one, the new schaller one, or like an Original or LoPro Edge. Just a sure fire way to know you're getting a corner cut instrument.

Unless i'm looking at that bridge wrong it looks like some licensed version with the tapered wings.

• Members

actually.......haha i got the body with the pickguard by itself then added a Duncan Custom Custom, texas specials, a REAL floyd rose (yes my friend its real and its spectacular) and a warmoth neck now this guitar plays like a champ!

• Members

Don't mind walls1441, he's just a douche bag troll.

If he had asked me for pictures, I would have said "{censored} you".

meh people will be people but trust me this guitar isnt a FAIL guitar lol

• Members

yeah i took the picture with a 1.3 megapixel camera so theres not really not much detail but i know what floyd copies you are talking about, like the ones that are Schaller copies or the "Ping" Floyd

• Members

no no no. Schaller made the original in germany and the new Schaller FRT-II is in my opinion the greatest floating tremolo. Its the exact same design just a slightly more compact. I've never played a Ping but i think thats the one that is the most standard. I'm talking about just the Jackson Licenced or whatever comes on $200 guitars. There are a few decent Kahler trems but no comparison to the original Schaller one. As for Ibanez i've never played the original Edge, but i hate my Lo-Pro Edge. Lo Pro TRS / Edge III are the same garbage as the jackson licenced and other {censored}ty guitar ones.

• Members

i bought the body by itself and added a warmoth neck, so i have no idea what the original headstock looked like. it sucks that i have such limited info on this i was hoping that someone would see it and go "yeah! ive seen that or owned one" or something

• Members

Maybe someone who knows their Yamahas better can say if it's a Yammy or not. Another brief thought was Axl, but the horns on those are slightly longer and even more pointed.

Is this a test or something you're thinking about buying? If the latter, I'd ask for a headstock pic if the seller doesn't know what it is. Also, why the cross post? The mods don't like that kinda thing.

Don't mind walls1441, he's just a douche bag troll.

Pot, meet kettle. Changing your avatar doesn't change who you are, Mave.

• Members

As for Ibanez i've never played the original Edge, but i hate my Lo-Pro Edge.

WTF is wrong with it? :confused: They're excellent trems. At worst if it's worn out you can always file the knife edges and get some new studs (They're supposed to be replaced regularly, actually, as they do wear out. But you can just turn them a quarter turn or so and get a fresh pivot point without affecting the action too much)

Archived