SLO Woah.......

suparsonic

• Members

When you put it into V30s, use hot pickups and hit it with a boost, it has more than enough gain and aggression to handle any sort of metal.

Why use a boost ? It's already plenty gainy and tight as is. I put the gain on 6 (1 o'clock) when I play metal with it (with a BK Nailbomb PU).

• Members

Why use a boost ? It's already plenty gainy and tight as is. I put the gain on 6 (1 o'clock) when I play metal with it (with a BK Nailbomb PU).

I use a BB Preamp for a boost. I feel like the SLO has a bright top end, but it is super smooth. The BB, with the gain at 0 and volume at 10, it adds a bit more grit to the treble frequencies, making it a bit more modern sounding. It certainly doesn't need any additional gain or tightness. It is just to sort of revoice the high-end for br00talz.

• Members

they use custom wound transformers, they are heavily tested as are all the components that go into them and they have a lifetime warranty that is fully transferable, meaning that if you own an SLO anytime every and a component fails that isnt a tube or transformer, it is covered at the expense of Soldano. These non-tonal perks make the amp very expensive to build, which is why it has a $3,500 pricetag. But, it does sound like pure sex.

Dude,

You sooooo don't know what you are talking about in the red part of your post. If you truly have an SLO open it up. You won't see point to point wiring. You will see a VERY HEAVY PCB board construction.

Gary

• Members

When you put it into V30s, use hot pickups and hit it with a boost, it has more than enough gain and aggression to handle any sort of metal.

That's a good clip, he's not just nooding out solo's the whole time. Sounds a little muffled with the cab faced sideways. My LP / Slo combo sounds a lot more gritty front on, and that reverb seems to be taming the edge somewhat..

• Members

Dude,

You sooooo don't know what you are talking about in the red part of your post. If you truly have an SLO open it up. You won't see point to point wiring. You will see a VERY HEAVY PCB board construction.

Gary

I thought it was a combination of PCB and PTP. I was under the impression the Diezel VH4 was the same way, too. May just be misinformation I heard, my bad.

Archived