OT: i hate to be like this

jw3092

• Members
Somebody was asking me for gas money the other night. I felt bad for saying no until I looked closer and saw all of the sores on their face and arms.

"I wish I could help you, but I can't."

:poke:

That's how she "earns the money".

valtrex42.jpg

• Members

There are a lot of beggars around my area (I live really close to the centre of town).

Reasons I don't give them money:

1) The {censored}ers have mobile phones stashed under their blankets. I see them phoning each other up.

2) They {censored} in my stairwell - I recognise them.

3) They act very polite but when I go to the street out the back they are fighting, {censored}ing, pulling over bins and abusing people. Plus one lassie (who looks like Lister from Red Dwarf?) was being all sweetness and light to me, even though I'd found her changing her pissy pants in my stairwell earlier that day.

4) Asking me for money while you have the aerosol can inserted in your nostril indicates a certain unawareness of how to position your image that may suggest why you are on the street begging and sniffing gas.

5) I'm on unemployment benefit.

But really, it's the mobile phones that {censored} me off. If you've got money for phone calls the only way you're getting

• Members

i grew up in a small town, then moved to the city 20 miles away. There is a girl i went to highschool with, who lives at home, and has a car, that i have seen in the city several times in parking lots with no shoes and a cardboard sign. She gets in her car and drives 20 miles to panhandle...

my automatic response is "i don't carry cash"
and they always respond sounding confused, "you don't carry cash?"

• Members
you were being a good person for phoning his drinking and driving ass in

:thu:
I would have felt the same way, man.

Whenever IO see a guy on the street asking me for money to buy food and the dude smells like alcohol, I'm like NO WAY.
Sometimes if I'm close to a snack bar or something, I offer to buy them a burger or whatever, and the all of a sudden they are not interested in food anymore at all:confused:

But I remember one occasion when I was on my way home from McDonalds and I had my burger in a paper bag with em, guy on the streets aks for money to buy food, so I told him he could have my burger and he happily took it:)

Archived