NPD - fralin content

Say Ocean

• Members

So I *finally* got the Fralin SP43 bridge pup for the strat I bought into my strat. Holy god it sounds so damn good. Before, the texmex bridge it came with was tinny and harsh to the point of literally being unusable. I couldn't stand it, it was so thin and shrill. The SP43 is just so... rock :rawk: it's thick, doesn't mud up with gain, cleans up well, sounds good on the clean channel, etc etc. Everything I could have asked for, I've seriously never heard a MIM strat sound so good. I'll record clips when I stop being lazy and actually set the guitar up so there aren't so many dead notes :facepalm:

Long story short, buy Fralin pickups. They are amazing.

• Members

Yeah, not too big on his humbuckers, personally, but his single coils are {censored}ing trancendental.

Seriously, if you want the best Strat sound ever, just start with a decent guitar and plop some Fralin Vintage Hots in there. Holy balls.

• Members

Yeah, not too big on his humbuckers, personally, but his single coils are {censored}ing
trancendental.

Seriously, if you want the best Strat sound ever, just start with a decent guitar and plop some Fralin Vintage Hots in there. Holy balls.

Exactly. I'm pretty much sold on getting a Fralin for the bridge of my tele.

• Members

Yeah, not too big on his humbuckers, personally, but his single coils are {censored}ing
trancendental.

transcendental wat

• 1 month later...
  • Members

I've got 3 guitars with Fralins - a strat with Vintage Hots, another with Blues Specials neck/middle and an SP43 in the bridge, and a mutt tele with his stock tele set. So much win........he seems to be the one guy that can make single coils that are bright without being like icepicks in your ear. And that SP43 is like having a midget P90 in your guitar - rawk!

Archived