Anyone used a Jensen Electric Lightning?

mgcasella

• Members

I play seven-string DEATH METAL and am looking for a nice 2x12 set-up due to cramped space.

I was thinking of putting the Jensen Electric Lightnings in my 2x12 cab because of the description of how they sound. Also, Emperor Cabs says that the Jensen Electric Lightnings are their stock speaker of choice for their cabs.

Has anyone used these? Please post - especially if you play metal!

• Members

For $107 a pop they better do what I want! :)

I am going to try them as soon as I get the cab, which will be as soon as I'm done moving. I hope a sale occurs by then.

It sucks that there are very few clips to listen to. The ones on the Jensen site suck. The one's on the Emperor site are done with Emperor heads so it's hard for me to do a comparison.

I think that, as a rule, whenever a company is doing an equipment demo, they should only use things that people like us are likely to have. For example, I understand that Emperor wants to promote their heads but most of us probably do not have one. So, in order to show off their cab, Emperor should use a Peavey 5150 or a Marshall.

I'll get off my soapbox now ;)

• Members

Yeah, I found that one too :)

I love the part where he says "This is how it sounds on a high gain setting for all you people that play metal" and then plays shitty cock rock with the gain channel on 3 :facepalm:

Jensen is obviously trying to cater to players of different genres than it's used to. How hard would it have been to get a metal head in there and do some chugging and thrash for about a minute?

Oh well. I heard on another forum that they smoke for metal so I guess I'll just have to go with what I'm told :thu:

• 1 month later...

Archived