Pignose amps-yay or nay?

surfcat

• Members

Absolute and complete RUBBISH!

The Roland Micro-Cube is 10 times the amp~!

Wow, pretty cool amp (Micro-Cube). Just checked out a demo on youtube. Just need something portable to play around with.

• Members

Wow, pretty cool amp (Micro-Cube). Just checked out a demo on youtube. Just need something portable to play around with.

I have one and it's a lot of fun. Our electricity went out for 6 hours the other day and I just pulled it out of the closet, opened the box and enjoyed it for about 4 hours.

It has lot more features than the Pignose too, effects like reverb, chorus etc. and some decent tone settings - acoustic, crunch, metal, etc...

Another thing I hated about the Pignose was the rechargeable battery. Doesn't seem to hold a charge after a while whereas the Micro-Cube uses regular batteries so you're always good to go as long as you have a decent set of batteries in it (or at least have some nearby).

It takes pedals also but be careful boosting it, the little speaker can't take too much volume.

• Members

The new ones are made in China and have a very cheap muddy sounding speaker in them.

I had an old late 60's model when I was a kid and I think it sounded much better than the new ones.

I recently had a small pignose and a hog 30 both of which I dumped on E-bay.

I won't sell my Micro-Cube though!

• Members

The pignose was kind of unique and cool in it's day. However there are WAY better choices today like the micro-cube.

I agree.

Pignose is trying to market the same old stuff (of a much poorer quality) instead of stepping up and offering something decent which is more modern and would appeal to a larger pool of devout customers/fans.

Micro-cube is the best bang for $99.00 (or less) in my book!!

Archived