three piece -instrumental- bands?

Say Ocean

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
The {censored}ING CHAMPS!!

oh..those Russian Circles boys!

Dude, good meeting you at that show...I had to come to Indiana this week for work, but I did get some passable pictures of you and your band :cool: I'll get them edited and resized when I get back home this weekend :thu:

• Members

you guys are making me miss my instrumental days! We used to play with Collapsar, Dysthrythmia, Behold the Arcotopus, Don Cab, The {censored}ing Champs, Black Christmas, Red Sparrows.... this was before people really appreciated instrumental music. I can't tell you how many time people would be like "so where is the singer?"

{censored}!

• Members
Dude, good meeting you at that show...I had to come to Indiana this week for work, but I did get some passable pictures of you and your band
:cool:
I'll get them edited and resized when I get back home this weekend
:thu:

Nice! I would love to see them. I was a bit hungover from the night before, but whatever. It's always nice to put a face to HCAFer....

:wave:

• Members

you guys are making me miss my instrumental days! We used to play with Collapsar, Dysthrythmia, Behold the Arcotopus, Don Cab, The {censored}ing Champs, Black Christmas, Red Sparrows.... this was before people really appreciated instrumental music. I can't tell you how many time people would be like "so where is the singer?"

{censored}!

haha, I'm running into that problem with my band up here. Only it's more like, where are the vocals and why don't you have deathcore breakdowns? Double whammy.

Here's a video of the local instrumental band that inspired me to just go for it with my own instrumental band:

[YOUTUBE]F5_41mw7D-k[/YOUTUBE]

• Members

People will get over it no worries. {censored} back in the day we used to get asked to play with High On Fire, The Bronx, Rwake, Bongzilla, Weedeater, Soilent Green, because they wanted to hear something besides the same bands that sounded like them. It all comes in waves. I remember seeing Godspeed You! Black Emperor like 10 years ago and at that moment I realized that instrumental music could move people.... if not more than some dudes singing his lungs out over some amazing music. Think about how many great bands are ruined by band or wrong singers.

Archived