Reason Amplifiers Bambino

Jigowatt

• Members

The guy who builds those is a killer, I mean KILLER, player. He lives here in St. Louis and used to work for St. Louis music. He does amp work at a local shop in town. Never spoken with him personally but lots of people say he is a great guy.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

They're available now, and at $699, they're incredibly attainable. Just check out the Reason Amps site (http://www.reasonamps.com). I've done a bunch of reviews on my blog on Reason gear, and I just dig their stuff.

BTW, the Bambino is absolutely killer! Played it through a 4 X 12 the other day, and couldn't believe how gorgeous it sounded! Also, the amp is actually 8/2 Watts, not 7/1. I got one of preproduction models that have the 7/1 switch, but Obeid Kahn (Reason's amp designer) adjusted the power handling on the amp before release.

A little bit about Obeid. He used to work for Crate, and designed all their vintage-style amps. He designed awesome amps such as the Ampeg Jet J-20. One thing that Obeid is a master of is power handling, and making amps LOUD! :)

• Members

Goddamnit,thanks asshole, now I'm gonna have to check them out too:poke: just playin around, but on a serious note, Crate amps have been good to me over the years and the tube amps have always had a great tone, but get a bad rap because of the Crate name. The Carates I have had have been well worth the money and much, much more.

Archived