Peters amps - Who here has one, or knows anything about them?

ClutchX2

• Members

So I keep finding clips of these amps made by a Cunuckster named James Peters. I can't find much about them anywhere but on his website and net musicians. The clips posted there are :love:.

I want to sell my Mark V and buy one I think.

Anybody know anything about them?

How big of a hassle is it to ship an amp from Canada into the US these days?

• Members

Lots of Peters guys here; James himself posts here quite often. Among others, off the top of my head there's DeathMonkey, firejack018, glenecho, insurrection, and Curtis.Fagan who own/have owned them, and several more that I can't think of right now.

• Members

Lots of Peters guys here; James himself posts here quite often. Among others, off the top of my head there's DeathMonkey, firejack018, glenecho, insurrection, and Curtis.Fagan who own/have owned them, and several more that I can't think of right now.

Cool. Thanks for the info man. I figured an amp with such killer sounding tones would surely have a fan club around here. If they sound killer over my computer, I can only imagine what those beasts must sound like in person. :love:

• Members

They sound awesome :love: I got to try out glenecho's Chimera a couple of months ago and it was {censored}ing awesome. Super brutal but also very responsive; great cleanup with the volume knob, very tight and refined... hard to put into words because it doesn't really sound like anything else out there.

• Members

I have three of them. I opened one of my amps up, once. When I looked in, I didn't even see any wiring. The chassis was just filled to the top with awesome.

:lol: ^ made me chuckle

I'll never own one, but the clips I've heard definitely have me wanting to hear one in person.

• Members

I placed my order for my Chimera yesterday.

I played a Hydra yesterday and it can be dialed in to pretty well any amp sound, but with the response unmatched by any other I've ever played. It sounded so amazing... I played it for an hour and ordered it immediately after. Say anything?

• Members

:cry:

Didn`t even think about me???

I`m really sadened by this behavior.:cop:

5153cab.jpg

Gryphon 100 dual channel, one bad ass amp :thu:

Chris

• Members

:cry:

Didn`t even think about me???

I`m really sadened by this behavior.
:cop:

5153cab.jpg

Gryphon 100 dual channel, one bad ass amp
:thu:

Chris

Heya Chris hows things mate? :wave:

You swapped a Chimera for the Gryphon right?

What are your thoughts on the change?

Are you happy with your decision?

• Members

Heya Chris hows things mate?
:wave:

You swapped a Chimera for the Gryphon right?

What are your thoughts on the change?

Are you happy with your decision?

Oh yeah i am very happy, the Chimera was a great amp, but i found it too similar to my other high gain amps, well, by similar i mean it is a high gain more compressed tone machine. I wanted a more open, un-compressed tone, more in the vein of a PLexi-ish type gain structure. The Chimera had a voice it`s own for sure, very aggressive but more compressed, witch i wanted to get away from.

My favorite guitar tone of all time is the one Randy Rhaods gets on the Tribute album, the live one with Ozzy. I used to listen to that album all day long when i was in my teens.

Oh and things are great, summer is great over here.:thu:

Chris

• Members

I got one, I have the Chimera.

It is balls to the walls AWESOME. My favorite amp I've owned, the tone has such character, it's kinda hard to describe.

Very dynamic, responsive, EQ works magic, cleans are great, has a ton of features including an external bias.

Unfortunately I'm selling it... I'm going to college next year and I'd probably play it once or twice a year since I obviously won't be able to fit a half stack in my dorm. I'm really tempted on keeping it though in case I get a band together, but that's a very low chance :(

here's my ad if you want to check it out. Cheaper than you'd get it from Canada, that's for sure. I believe the cost of shipping from Canada is $120 still, thats how much I had to pay when I got it from James.

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/showthread.php?t=2362264

• Members

I bought SinnerX's Chimera. Great amp. James is super cool and helpful. Very thick and dynamic sounding amp.

What's up? I'm glad you are enjoying that amp. Did you receive the bar that I sent?

James is working on my new professional series dual channel Chimera, right now(the only reason I sold my old Chimera). It should be done soon.

The older 50w versions are certainly awesome, as I have a Gryphon and Hydra in that style. I just had to have the new 100w version, mostly because of how badass I think they look. Some of the new features are really appealing as well. Footswitchable solo boost via second set of masters, fx loop that works with anything including pedals, Power & Standby on the front, bigger, separate eq's, etc. I might have to replace the other two with newer versions also. :cool:

Tell me that this thing doesn't look like it's overflowing with awesome,

Peters100w.jpg

• Members

What's up? I'm glad you are enjoying that amp. Did you receive the bar that I sent?

James is working on my new professional series dual channel Chimera, right now(the only reason I sold my old Chimera). It should be done soon.

The older 50w versions are certainly awesome, as I have a Gryphon and Hydra in that style. I just had to have the new 100w version, mostly because of how badass I think they look. Some of the new features are really appealing as well. Footswitchable solo boost via second set of masters, fx loop that works with anything including pedals, Power & Standby on the front, bigger, separate eq's, etc. I might have to replace the other two with newer versions also.
:cool:

Peters100w.jpg

Looks awesome.

Yup. Got the bar yesterday. Thanks again Tony!

• Members

The older 50w versions are certainly awesome, as I have a Gryphon and Hydra in that style. I just had to have the new 100w version, mostly because of how badass I think they look. Some of the new features are really appealing as well. Footswitchable solo boost via second set of masters, fx loop that works with anything including pedals, Power & Standby on the front, bigger, separate eq's, etc. I might have to replace the other two with newer versions also.
:cool:

Peters100w.jpg

SinnerX! Tell James you want the new knobs like I have on my Hydra. James took a picture of mine to replace the one on his website when he gets around to it. They look much better than the chickens. Here's what James said,

So to sum up: I'm sorry for dragging this out further, but it would be best that I ship the amp Monday. As a consolation for this I'll take a few photos of the amp later today when it's complete. (That's a good idea anyway since I want photos of this style of amp for my site; the new knobs look better to me than chickenheads, and I want this look to be pictured on my site instead of the current chickenhead-look picture.)Also I'll ship it by two-day air service on Monday.

[ATTACH]299161[/ATTACH] Click on the thumbnail

Archived