Orange Rockerverb mods?

ben_allison

• Members

What did you end up regretting?

I would regret selling my RV100. That's for sure.

I've had the same problem as you with my 100 and I've been able to get the sound I was going for with a Turbo Tube Screamer and an MXR 10 Band EQ. I'm taking mine in pretty soon to get a little mod done just to increase the attack a bit.

You also might want to try some different tubes, if you haven't replaced them already. When I switched from the original Orange tubes to Hi-Gain tested EH tubes it really brightened up the sound and moved from stoner fuzz into high gain rock. It also gave me clean channel a lot more chime.

• Members

I would regret selling my RV100. That's for sure.

I've had the same problem as you with my 100 and I've been able to get the sound I was going for with a Turbo Tube Screamer and an MXR 10 Band EQ. I'm taking mine in pretty soon to get a little mod done just to increase the attack a bit.

You also might want to try some different tubes, if you haven't replaced them already. When I switched from the original Orange tubes to Hi-Gain tested EH tubes it really brightened up the sound and moved from stoner fuzz into high gain rock. It also gave me clean channel a lot more chime.

Good advice! Although with one post, I'm a bit suspicious... EH employee?

Archived