Non-Existent Pants

grace_slick

• Members

Well, I like the quirk factor a fair amount, although the music seems to need a change-up pretty bad after about a minute or so.*

With regard to lyrics, obviously, this is a piece of micro-fluff and shouldn't be expected to rise to great literature -- but I have to say that even within those broad and loose bounds, I did not get the significance of the mouse and his toothache. ;) It doesn't even really fit the line, which would possibly be fine if there was a bon mot wrapped up in the awkward bit, but, at least from my point of view, that's not really the case.

Nonetheless, it looks like you've got a fun bit here that, with a little more development and refinement could probably snag more than a few fans. And, with the right video, you never know... could just go viral. :D

*Maybe it's 'cause I didn't do enough MDMA when I was a kid to rot out my brain, maybe it's because I used to have a live echo loop act and grew to have a huge aversion to exact repetition, but, honest to gosh, I think music that goes more than 8 bars without a single change-up, just endlessly repeating the same phrase as this does for three minutes or so, is not music but torture. (Mind you, I'm only being critical of the repetition, not the music itself, which has that down-under pop post-reggae lilt we got used to in the 80s. One either likes that sort of thing or not, I think.) I suggest cutting this off at the one minute mark or do something with the music... it's completely claustrophobia-producing within about 20 seconds after the vocals end.

• Members

Heheh, yeah, viral...that'd be interesting.

I know this is a completely weird for the sake of being weird, fluff piece of nothingness, and it wouldn't be on my potential album unless it DID get some sort of popularity online first. Then it'd be a joke song stuffed in at the end as a bonus track or something. lol

• Members

Heheh, yeah, viral...that'd be interesting.

I know this is a completely weird for the sake of being weird, fluff piece of nothingness, and it wouldn't be on my potential album unless it DID get some sort of popularity online first. Then it'd be a joke song stuffed in at the end as a bonus track or something. lol

joke song???:mad:

Archived