OT: so HCAF...how screwed am i?

jw3092

• Members
had a random drug test today at work. i smoked a small bit on the 4th and again the following weekend. since then i've been flushing my system with water (about 60oz more than my usual intake). today i got up late and didn't have time to drink any water before i got to work. if i failed the test i'll know by friday maybe monday at the latest. so i figured i'd ask the cannabis experts of HCAF what's my chances look like?

Tell us about that full basement of pot plants you have :love::love:

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

it was a spur of the moment kind of thing, admittedly a very dumb spur of the moment kind of thing. i'll get to keep my job regardless of the outcome, otherwise i would never have done it. if i pissed dirty i'll have to go to an 8 week substance abuse program. i usually never touch the stuff.

In my experience, 4 days later for a piss test is fine - if you only try the {censored} (like twice a month).

If your a chronic {censored}er, then your {censored}ed.

If its a blood test, then its detectable for a longer period of time (30 days I think).

If its a hair test, your {censored}ed.

-D

• Members

i would think there would be many more weed proponents in here. it's not like he got drunk and drove his car. I don't smoke but i'm not mad at him. good luck man.

Yeah, I found this to be odd.

I think what more people are saying is that it was irresponsible to smoke when he could be randomly drug-tested (and it can affect his job).

Not so much "smoking weed is bad"

Just "you shouldn't smoke if it can cost you your job"

It's cool, it'll be legal in 5 years anyway...assuming the Earth is still around.:poke::poke:

• Members

Yeah, I found this to be odd.

I think what more people are saying is that it was irresponsible to smoke when he could be randomly drug-tested (and it can affect his job).

Not so much "smoking weed is bad"

Just "you shouldn't smoke if it can cost you your job"

It's cool, it'll be legal in 5 years anyway...assuming the Earth is still around.:poke::poke:

Yea... i feel the job scenario. I just like how our culture views weed as worse than alcohol... when it's definitely not that way. I don't really drink either so neither really matters to me.

• Members
Yea... i feel the job scenario. I just like how our culture views weed as worse than alcohol... when it's definitely not that way. I don't really drink either so neither really matters to me.

Weed is seen that way because it is illegal in north america / most parts of europe. Since our culture stems from america/europe, then their general opinions govern how the population reacts to it. Now if it was legal, then it would most probably would be regarded the same as alcohol/tobacco with benefits. It would only take the first popular/influential adopters to get the wheel rolling for public acceptance. :thu:

Its not like people are haters of weed to start with, with the amount of people who smoke it, there is at least that amount of supporters out there.

-D

• Members

had a random drug test today at work. i smoked a small bit on the 4th and again the following weekend. since then i've been flushing my system with water (about 60oz more than my usual intake).
today i got up late and didn't have time to drink any water before i got to work.
if i failed the test i'll know by friday maybe monday at the latest. so i figured i'd ask the cannabis experts of HCAF what's my chances look like?

Based on the amount you smoked, and the amount of time passed since, the bolded is what is going to cost you. The test measures concentration of cannabinoid metabolites, so the less water you have in your system, the higher the concentration will be when you pee. And concentration is highest first thing in the morning to begin with. Now, hopefully you didn't give them your first piss of the day, because if you did, you are well and truly screwed.

In the end, smoking when you're going to be tested isn't very smart. Even less smart is not researching the ways you can fudge the test before you take it. I hope you don't fail, but if you do, I really hope you learn from it.

• Members

I think it's ridiculous as well. The number/concentration of alcoholics I know that have had the sauce completely ruin their lives and alienate their families is STAGGERING.

However, that being said, the number/concentration of pothead burnouts that I know that are just lazy and kind of stupid is also staggering.

So wait...alcoholism vs. pot "addiction" hmm...

I just don't understand it. There's way way too many points to be made here and I really don't have time to get fully into it since I'm at work, but you get the gist.

• Members

My rule of thumb if you're not a habitual smoker is two weeks. If you are, (every day) its around 30 days. Of course this varies depending on body type, but from my experience with drug tests its around that time frame. Its not an exact science.

This is correct.

And, drinking lots of water does NOTHING to help you clense your system. THC sticks to fat cells, they only way to get rid of it is to get rid of fat!

• Members

This is correct.

And, drinking lots of water does NOTHING to help you clense your system. THC sticks to fat cells, they only way to get rid of it is to get rid of fat!

It helped me pass a piss test once. I smoked a couple bowls of KB and ate a couple tabs then got a call 2 days later to go take a physical. I woke up early and started drinking and pissed about 13 times before I pissed in the cup to get my job, and passed.

Coincidence? Maybe.

• Members

It helped me pass a piss test once. I smoked a couple bowls of KB and ate a couple tabs then got a call 2 days later to go take a physical. I woke up early and started drinking and pissed about 13 times before I pissed in the cup to get my job, and passed.

Coincidence? Maybe.

It wasn't because you flushed it out of your system - it's because the cannabinoid metabolites were diluted at the time you tested. If you didn't drink anything else for a day and then were tested again, you'd fail the second one because the dilution effect would be gone.

So, you're both right!

• Members
It wasn't because you flushed it out of your system - it's because the cannabinoid metabolites were diluted at the time you tested. If you didn't drink anything else for a day and then were tested again, you'd fail the second one because the dilution effect would be gone.

So, you're both right!

Yep, that's what I was getting at. I know damn good and well I wasn't actually clean :lol:

I was amazed when they called and told me to come in for the first day of work :love:

• Members
Yep, that's what I was getting at. I know damn good and well I wasn't actually clean
:lol:

I was amazed when they called and told me to come in for the first day of work
:love:

I did the same thing back in 93. Drank 'till dillution.

After the test came back inconclusive, they scheduled me for another.

Yep, that came back inconclusive as well. At this point the owner sits me down and questions my medical health. I gave her the old, "it was one time at a bachelor party" jam.

I've failed 3 tests at my current job (10 years here). I never get fired because I'm too much of an asset to the company and they overlook it.

So do a GOOD FREAKING JOB at work so that they CANT replace the quality they would lose and you'll be fine.

On a side note:

I have stopped smoking for the last 5 months or so since the last fail. Good, huh?

Not really. I've turned into a daily vodka drinker...

Seems you cant stop me from altering my reality with substance, you can only force me to use the "legal" method even though its 100x worse in the long run.

Yay!

• Members

Coincidence? Maybe.

Coincidence...or luck.

• Members

If you fail it, I would challenge the test and tell them you don't do drugs. Tell them you want a re-test. This would have given your body several more days at least to flush it out. That with a healthy dose of water and you would at least have a better shot on the second test. Can't hurt.

• Members

it really depends on your body fat percentage and metabolism. if you're a fat {censored}er, you might have pissed hot.

my question for you is, if you knew you were subject to random drug testing, why did you choose to do drugs?

This.

Archived