fake marine gets busted by real marine

murdock

• Members

I've only spoken to a SF guy once, and it was my captain in the army. He had been operative for 8 years in the Special Forces, and he rarely spoke about it.

He said that most people who say that they are, or have been SF, are usually full of {censored}.

1. They have much, much honor for their own group, and mostly talk humble about them.
2. If they claim to be operative SF personel, they've most likely broken a rule, since SF personel are to be kept secret from the public.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

kind of a rule of thumb out there for all the civilians, if someone is ever bragging to you about being MARSOC, a SEAL, SF, Force, or whatever, call their asses out on it. they may be legit, but Id put big money down that 9/10 times theyre full of horse {censored}.

Also its been my experience that that 9/10 ratio goes up to about 15/10 when at gun shows. some of the bs ive heard at those things is just mind boggling retarded, Im talking GC employee times 10 on steroids retarted

Yup. I'm one of the few in my family that didn't join the service. My uncle, a Force Recon Marine, NEVER talked about being Recon....if people asked if he had been in the service, he just said 'Marines.' The only time I've ever heard him talk about Recon is when he ran into another Recon dude. Never, ever, ever bragged about it. People who talk the loudest usually have the most bull{censored} story.

• Members

I've only spoken to a SF guy once, and it was my captain in the army. He had been operative for 8 years in the Special Forces, and he rarely spoke about it.

He said that most people who say that they are, or have been SF, are usually full of {censored}.

1. They have much, much honor for their own group, and mostly talk humble about them.

2. If they claim to be operative SF personel, they've most likely broken a rule, since SF personel are to be kept secret from the public.

thats not 100% true. lots of dudes in the public eye. im sure theres those who arent, but just go VA Beach on a sat night and you may run into some SEALs or Force guys

• Members

Yeah, that's partly why I mentioned him to my dad, he had always told me 'anyone who talks about war like they enjoyed it is probably either lying about being there, or is really sick.' And the dude did kind of fit the 'really sick' description, so I wasn't sure.

My grandfather used to say that. He was Army infantry during Korea....he said "If people tell you they enjoyed combat, they're either crazy or they weren't there." He only talked about Korea twice in his entire life....both times when my mother was very young and he was very drunk.

• Members

I know that impersonating a police officer is a crime, but what about military? I don't see why it would be any different.

Impersonating a police officer in terms of using their powers - pulling someone over or busting them or whatever, yeah that's a crime. The reason it's a crime is because you're using it to fraudulently gain extra privileges. I don't think just wearing the uniform would be a crime, although maybe.

Either way, what a {censored}ing loser.

• Members

Impersonating a police officer in terms of using their powers - pulling someone over or busting them or whatever, yeah that's a crime. The reason it's a crime is because you're using it to fraudulently gain extra privileges. I don't think just wearing the uniform would be a crime, although maybe.

Either way, what a {censored}ing loser.

It's against Federal law. There was an old dude not too long ago that got busted by a couple of former Navy dudes. Guy got fined and almost went to prison, IIRC.

• Members
I'm thinking maybe the the Marine didn't want to go to jail for a few years for aggravated assault. The civil penalties could be pretty stiff too. I'm not a lawyer or anything but the "I didn't like what he was wearing" defense probably wouldn't cut it as an excuse for violence.

Surprizing to you though it might be. Some sort of personal satisfaction in this case could be pretty expensive.

And every dick-rod wannabe who's addicted to Rambo & platoon movies has got a Trident.:snax::idk::idk:

• Members

I know that impersonating a police officer is a crime, but what about military? I don't see why it would be any different.

it's against the law to impersonate a non-commissioned officer in any service. Which is what he was doing. He's lucky no criminal charges were brought against him.

• Members

He's probably ordering a full-dress COAST GUARD uniform. Considerably less Coast Guard personnel than Marine, and probably less dangerous to impersonate.

Does being in the Coast Guard get you any trim? Any at all?

• Members

it's against the law to impersonate a non-commissioned officer in any service. Which is what he was doing. He's lucky no criminal charges were brought against him.

its against the law period, doesnt matter if hes a non-com or not. plus you cant tell if hes trying to be a non-com or not because hes wearing lance corporal (E-3) insignia, but also has a blood stripe which is only authoized for corporals (E-4) or higher (or in other words NCOs, SNCOs, and Officers).

• Members

Does being in the Coast Guard get you any trim? Any at all?

ill tell my brother that one, hes a Coastie :lol:

Ya we have quite the family feud going on, my bro is in the Coast Guard, my dad was in the Navy, my grandpa was in the Army, my other grandpa was in the Navy, and Im a Marine. good times

• Members

I tend to focus on the good times and the people I knew/still know. I'd still do it all over again but there were times I was scared {censored}less. I still had some of the best times of my life and met some of the finest people I believe exist.

They should make that Douche join up and be a grunt. :thu:

• Members

ill tell my brother that one, hes a Coastie
:lol:

Ya we have quite the family feud going on, my bro is in the Coast Guard, my dad was in the Navy, and Im a Marine. good times

I've seen the coasties do some crazy {censored}. I'm talking bailing out of a helo into 50ft seas and similar crazy {censored}. When the navy is battening down the hatches and riding it out the coast guard is going to work.

Some of those guys have balls so big they act like flotation devices.

• Members

I tend to focus on the good times and the people I knew/still know. I'd still do it all over again but there were times I was scared {censored}less. I still had some of the best times of my life and met some of the finest people I believe exist.

They should make that Douche join up and be a grunt.
:thu:

you served in Germany right?

• Members

you served in Germany right?

No, all over SE asia, And parts of northern Africa.

I should add I spent a bunch of time in the South Pacific (E Timor and Tonga) as part of a UN sponsored humanitarian service circle jerk.

Actually, I always wanted to go to Europe but went pretty much everywhere else but Europe while I was in.

• Members

its against the law period, doesnt matter if hes a non-com or not. plus you cant tell if hes trying to be a non-com or not because hes wearing lance corporal (E-3) insignia, but also has a blood stripe which is only authoized for corporals (E-4) or higher (or in other words NCOs, SNCOs, and Officers).

Yeah I was referring to the blood stripe, even though he said he was a PFC, he was wearing LCpl and had a blood stripe. He was all jacked up.

• Members

no i meant the German military. I thought for some reason that you were originally from Germany and served in their military

No. Originally from Oregon. My family is from various parts of Europe and depending on which side they've only been here a couple of generations.

Archived