WinterKisses -What do you think?

JohnBenussi

• Members
Good stuff man
:thu:

I could see that being on a movie soundtrack or tv program, although I think it seems more suited for a feature film
:cool:

Really man?
Well thanks a lot!

I know it seems sappy right?
But it's from the (cough) heart, haha.

Lately I just haven't felt like recording anymore. :cry:
Life: it kicks me a$$

• Members

Hi John
I must give you credit for your professionalism first of all. It's possible to improve though, if you changed the arrangements slightly.I mean,the piano, the voice and the drums are all playing the same first beat. It makes the whole thing a bit heavy. Maybe a little piano riff which is totally different from the melody would do the trick. It has to be said of course, that I can only judge the beginning of the song, so for all I know it might change further on. Why do you always put samples and not the complete tune?

• Members
Hi John

I must give you credit for your professionalism first of all. It's possible to improve though, if you changed the arrangements slightly.I mean,the piano, the voice and the drums are all playing the same first beat. It makes the whole thing a bit heavy. Maybe a little piano riff which is totally different from the melody would do the trick. It has to be said of course, that I can only judge the beginning of the song, so for all I know it might change further on. Why do you always put samples and not the complete tune?

I'm only curious what is wrong with playing the same first beat?
You don't think the song flows together?

I think I know what you mean, though.

To answer your last question:facepalm::cop::freak::deadhorse::idk: :arg:
I don't know!!!!!!!!!!!!! hahaha

I don't know where to go with these songs.
I got farther with LonelyMe because I was really feeling
down and channeled that into a song.
Plus, I'm not a songwriter. I only
convinced myself I was so I could record the ideas.

• Members
Really man?

Well thanks a lot!

I know it seems sappy right?

But it's from the (cough) heart, haha.

Lately I just haven't felt like recording anymore.
:cry:
Life: it kicks me a$$

It's not my genre, so I am not the best advice giver on it, but as long as it is from the heart(no matter the genre) it always sounds good & comes through :thu:

I hear you about that, I am having a tough time just timing my music so I can get to the next phase :cry:

I can make fun riffs all day, but then figuring out the correct timing just irritates me.. I am a bum with music reading/writing sadly. I know I tend to do a lot of 8th & 16th's but even with knowing that(never knew that until I started tabbing my music out actually lol), it's just hard for me still to get it right.

If I was good with it, i'd have all my drum patterns finished, but i've only got partial riffs from each of my 7 songs on tuxguitar, none of them are close to finished :facepalm:

• Members
It's not my genre, so I am not the best advice giver on it, but as long as it is from the heart(no matter the genre) it always sounds good & comes through
:thu:

I hear you about that, I am having a tough time just timing my music so I can get to the next phase
:cry:

I can make fun riffs all day, but then figuring out the correct timing just irritates me.. I am a bum with music reading/writing sadly. I know I tend to do a lot of 8th & 16th's but even with knowing that(never knew that until I started tabbing my music out actually lol), it's just hard for me still to get it right.

If I was good with it, i'd have all my drum patterns finished, but i've only got partial riffs from each of my 7 songs on tuxguitar, none of them are close to finished
:facepalm:

Well what do u need help with? :)

• Members

Hey John - There are much worse things in life than having your music compared to Mark Cohn and Steve Winwood. :D

Oh, and you might be familiar with a couple of songs Winwood sang as a teenager back in the 60s when he was with Spencer Davis Group, "Gimme Some Lovin'" and "I'm a Man (Yes I Am and I Love You So)."

• Members

I'm not a songwriter. I only

convinced myself I was so I could record the ideas.

Why aren't you a songwriter? Everyone can be a songwriter if they so choose...the little 6 year old girl who makes up a song in her head and sings it over and over, driving her parents mad, she's a songwriter. It's all about motivation, passion, dedication, your level of natural inclination towards writing and/or singing talent, and your own unique slant on things. And you, my friend, have all of these at a pretty high level.

Do you think I'm a songwriter? I didn't until maybe...a month ago? And now I only consider myself one because of my own definition in the paragraph above. Anyone who wants to write songs and actually DOES it = a songwriter.

I am an ok songwriter. Thanks to people on this wonderful and supportive forum, my opinion of my own songwriting talents has risen, which is great. You are most definitely a songwriter. Don't doubt yourself. There's no need.

• Members

Its a really nice start my friend

the line you say you may scrap is a little too wordy or not quite delivered comfortably so sounds a little rushed but yeh i know you are not sure about it anyway

only other think i would say is on the line "but you've gone away, yeah..." id drop the "yeah" i think it distracts from the emotion and kinda feels like a celebration even though the subject is pretty sad

looking forward to hearing it finished

SB

• Members

I really liked the tune man..

You've got a great voice! And like everyone I too am looking forward for it to be finished! Too short as of now...

Btw, your piano tone is very nice, how were they recorded? vsts? if so, which one?

Cheers,

Arnab

• Members

Very nice
start so far. Great voice. Nice melancholy feel to it. Draws me in.

Where we going?

So I'm writing down lyrics for this this one ^^^

Then:facepalm: The next thing you know I wrote

a new song with new lyrics.

Now I think I see what Vik was saying:cop:

It's hard to right lyrics when the structure is tighter

than a noose.

Archived