Ear piercings.

theinTIMidator

• Members

The only thing hat fails harder that gauged lobes is asking for our approval of your coolness.

I can't say I wasn't expecting a response like this. :cop:

It's all good though, I'm not really looking for approval of my coolness it's just I'm not 100% sure that I want to get the second ear done and I am looking to solidify my own confidence in getting it done.

• Members

I used to have my left ear pierced, nothing outlandish. I took it out though to look more professional. Don't think earrings are gay, but when you reach a certain age I think it is time to grow up.:wave:

• Members

n o offense but men wearing earings is super gay , that and gold chains lol

Says the guy with Phil Lynott as his avatar ;)

I had my ears gauged to 1/2 inch....but that was almost ten years ago. Back then it was not even close to a trend muchless most people had never even seen it. I would have people come up to me and put their fingers through it thinking it was some illusion. Long story short. I was smart and gauged my ears very slowly. Took me years to get there and I would take proper care of them. Luckily they closed very naturally when I took them out years ago. They are almost closed now, but I highly recommend not doing it if you are not 100% on it. I lucked out. I see kids all the time with destroyed ear lobes.....:facepalm:

• Members

I'm 17 and I understand about the aspect of it being a deterrent to your employers if you have big holes in your ears I'm not gauging past a 12 no matter what which is very small, compared to those flesh tunnels.

This is what I mean by a 16 by the way. Cause it seems like people think I'm talking about huge flesh tunnels. I don't have one like this, but it gives you a thickness idea.

il_430xN.45513801.jpg

Blackwater, How long will I have to wear earrings before they become permanent and won't close up.

• Members

I'm 17 and I understand about the aspect of it being a deterrent to your employers if you have big holes in your ears I'm not gauging past a 12 no matter what which is very small, compared to those flesh tunnels.

Do what you want. I know personally if I was to get my ears pierced/gauge I would have started with both anyways. Personally I think just having one ear pierced/gauged looks ghey ... no matter which ear.

• Members

Says the guy with Phil Lynott as his avatar
;)

I had my ears gauged to 1/2 inch....but that was almost ten years ago. Back then it was not even close to a trend muchless most people had never even seen it. I would have people come up to me and put their fingers through it thinking it was some illusion. Long story short. I was smart and gauged my ears very slowly. Took me years to get there and I would take proper care of them. Luckily they closed very naturally when I took them out years ago.
They are almost closed now, but I highly recommend not doing it if you are not 100% on it. I lucked out. I see kids all the time with destroyed ear lobes.....
:facepalm:

This. I get so pissed when my dumb ass friends will go up sizes after like a day, or will skip 3 or 4 sizes at a time just so they can be trendy faster :facepalm:

• Members

Do what you want. I know personally if I was to get my ears pierced/gauge I would have started with both anyways. Personally I think just having one ear pierced/gauged looks ghey ... no matter which ear.

See I'm starting to feel like if you have two though it could look equally as bad. Like imagine wearing two of the ones I pictured. That's ghey if you ask me. I have a circular barbell that my friend gave me as a temporary place holder right now and I hate it.

• Members

See I'm starting to feel like if you have two though it could look equally as bad. Like imagine wearing two of the ones I pictured. That's ghey if you ask me. I have a circular barbell that my friend gave me as a temporary place holder right now and I hate it.

I just think it is silly looking when one side of your head is heavier than the other, both literally and trend-metaphorically.

• Members

Says the guy with Phil Lynott as his avatar
;)

I had my ears gauged to 1/2 inch....but that was almost ten years ago. Back then it was not even close to a trend muchless most people had never even seen it. I would have people come up to me and put their fingers through it thinking it was some illusion. Long story short. I was smart and gauged my ears very slowly. Took me years to get there and I would take proper care of them. Luckily they closed very naturally when I took them out years ago. They are almost closed now, but I highly recommend not doing it if you are not 100% on it. I lucked out. I see kids all the time with destroyed ear lobes.....
:facepalm:

bull{censored}, 10 years ago was when it was really gaining popularity... what gage is a 1/2" btw?

• Members

I'm a guy and have one of my ear lobes gauged to a 16 and am going to a 14 tomorrow. I'm thinking about getting the other side done. Is that fail? Should I stick with one. Or ditch earrings altogether. What's the hcaf consesus on piercings?

This would be cute. Maybe even a "HolleyHobby" look ;)

1178908690-Heart-gauged-ear-Picture-Gall

Archived