Anyone have an oversized Mesa recto cab?

redeye5

• Members

Question is this: when I first bought the thing I had a dual recto and I used to run the bass at max :facepalm: but I also ran the mids max.. anyways I would play at like 3 or 4 on the volume and the cab would make this horrible hard rattling sound, almost like a jackhammer. The sound went with bass notes so naturally something was virbating.

I took the thing apart and noticed that there is a center brace which touches the back panel. The brace had some foam or something on the end but it was free, ie, not screwed in. So I decided to put 4 3" brass screws through the back panel into the center brace. After I did that, the cab could take unbelivable amounts of bass and not make a single rattle. Fine. Problem solved. But I got to thinking recently, anyone else notice this on their Mesa :confused:cabs?

• Members

The other thing you can do is like Bogner does - staple a 1/2" pad of material that they use on the backboard of the cab. It tightens up the bottom end ass WAY more!

I have yards of this stuff from Bogner, (it"s like a bed comforter filler) I'll send you enough for the backboard for free if ya like., you can try it out?!

Let me know...
It works really well! I've tried it both ways

Keith

Archived