Finally Got another XTC!!!

JC-TONEQUEST

• Members

I traded my XTC 101b a couple years back for a VHT UL. It was the right thing to do at the time as I needed a tighter amp for lower tunings. I have missed the XTC ever since. It is the only amp I ever regret getting rid of. Well this weekend I got the oportunity to trade the VHT UL for another XTC 101b with forumite rackzilla2037. I loved the UL and it served me well but I gotta tell you I am so happy to have another 101b. I just love this amp. Tone for days! Needless to say, I will never be without an XTC again!

• Members

I traded my XTC 101b a couple years back for a VHT UL. It was the right thing to do at the time as I needed a tighter amp for lower tunings. I have missed the XTC ever since. It is the only amp I ever regret getting rid of. Well this weekend I got the oportunity to trade the VHT UL for another XTC 101b with forumite rackzilla2037. I loved the UL and it served me well but I gotta tell you I am so happy to have another 101b. I just love this amp.
Tone for days!
Needless to say, I will never be without an XTC again!

Boom.

• Members

Nope. Not much support for the heavier stuff there. I think we would but I am not all that keen on it. It would be great to play on the main stage though.

Yeah, it tends to send the hippies scattering...I think 'veda is playing twice this year...it was great to see them on the main stage last year...I wanted to see AM play, but we had to get going, plus the rain was coming down like crazy. We dosed for all 3 days...man, was I beat! :lol:

• Members

Yeah, it tends to send the hippies scattering...I think 'veda is playing twice this year...it was great to see them on the main stage last year...I wanted to see AM play, but we had to get going, plus the rain was coming down like crazy. We dosed for all 3 days...man, was I beat!
:lol:

The AM's kinda got a raw deal last year. We had to play in the little cafe' area and King Snyder decided they wanted to play earlier so they just sat up in the pavilion right next door and played at the same time as the AM's and divided the crowd. Crappy thing to do! The band I am in now, Bone Jar, is heavier so I am sure we would go over even worse.

• Members

The AM's kinda got a raw deal last year. We had to play in the little cafe' area and King Snyder decided they wanted to play earlier so they just sat up in the pavilion right next door and played at the same time as the AM's and divided the crowd. Crappy thing to do! The band I am in now, Bone Jar, is heavier so I am sure we would go over even worse.

Jeez...Well, I'll check out your new band when I'm at home. I really liked 'Self Made Self'. Congrats on the 101b, it's a great amp. I'm getting a 20th anniversary Ecstasy any day now...can't wait. If you need any help getting it setup, I'd be happy to help. I put the Cameron mod on my old 101b...I liked it a lot more than the post 2004 mod. Only cost $5.

• Members

Jeez...Well, I'll check out your new band when I'm at home. I really liked 'Self Made Self'. Congrats on the 101b, it's a great amp. I'm getting a 20th anniversary Ecstasy any day now...can't wait. If you need any help getting it setup, I'd be happy to help. I put the Cameron mod on my old 101b...I liked it a lot more than the post 2004 mod. Only cost $5.

Awesome! I would love to hear the 20th Ann. sometime. But I am also afraid to. Let me know what you think of it. I got a pretty good handle on tweaking the 101b because I had one before but I am discovering new territory all the time. I am thinking about putting the Marvel Mod in it this one doesn't have any plugged holes that I can put the switch in and I don't want to drill a hole in the chassis. I really like the stock tone though!

SMS was a great band it just ran it's coarse. I am still working with the bass player and the drummer in another project that will be more of a studio based thing. We are working with another singer. It will basically take up where Self Made Self left off musically.

• Members

Awesome! I would love to hear the 20th Ann. sometime. But I am also afraid to. Let me know what you think of it. I got a pretty good handle on tweaking the 101b because I had one before but I am discovering new territory all the time. I am thinking about putting the Marvel Mod in it this one doesn't have any plugged holes that I can put the switch in and I don't want to drill a hole in the chassis. I really like the stock tone though!

SMS was a great band it just ran it's coarse. I am still working with the bass player and the drummer in another project that will be more of a studio based thing. We are working with another singer. It will basically take up where Self Made Self left off musically.

Will do...I'll post a review on here or send you a PM after I've had some time to assess it. I really like the songwriting/voicings you played in SMS...pretty creative. You'll have to keep me posted on that project.

• Members

I traded my XTC 101b a couple years back for a VHT UL. It was the right thing to do at the time as I needed a tighter amp for lower tunings. I have missed the XTC ever since. It is the only amp I ever regret getting rid of. Well this weekend I got the oportunity to trade the VHT UL for another XTC 101b with forumite rackzilla2037. I loved the UL and it served me well but I gotta tell you I am so happy to have another 101b. I just love this amp. Tone for days! Needless to say, I will never be without an XTC again!

I actually prefer the 101B to the UL for lower tunings, at least with the UL I had.

I loved the UL with my standard tuned guitars, but with my 7 strings it just didn't sound right even with the graphic EQ engaged.

• Members

I actually prefer the 101B to the UL for lower tunings, at least with the UL I had.

I loved the UL with my standard tuned guitars, but with my 7 strings it just didn't sound right even with the graphic EQ engaged.

I will be giving it another go. One of my projects I still use a Baritone LP tuned to Drop A. I don't regret having the UL. It definitely tightened up my playing but the XTC has a more organic tone for sure.

• Members

Will do...I'll post a review on here or send you a PM after I've had some time to assess it. I really like the songwriting/voicings you played in SMS...pretty creative. You'll have to keep me posted on that project.

I will keep you posted on that project. The music will be pretty much a continuation from SMS so hopefully you will still enjoy it. Thanks for the compliment BTW!

Archived