NAD annother SS Tech21 Trademark 10

thunder100

• Members

Hi

After a longer hunt-->given up and bought Roland Cube 30-X--> I finally could aquire a Trademark 10

SS Amp

Great sound most models are great

The stong ones

Fender clean: especially with single coils you can have loud cleans from this micro amp.Warm sound good for also jazz-playing.

Marshall high-gain / hot: Nice high-gain sounds covering everything from classic rock to metal. Nice sustain and the amp does remain fairly hum-free even with the gain wound up. For its 10W solidstate... It gets pretty loud! (stolen text but cant say better)

Mesa Boogie clean:copyright 95 % Robben Ford

Mesa Boogie hot /high-gain closest yet on my Santana quest without using a Mark I (or IV)-->(played with a borrowed HSH Strat my HH Tele is in production)

Compare to Cube 30X

Its different.The Mesa on T10 is better then the Rectifier still the Roland has the JC clean and the Dyna.If I have to decide for one(I havn't fortunately) and as I play 50 % clean and have(momentarily) the Santana love-->Trademark

I can 100% recommend

Roland

One day there will be a SS modeller Tube hybrid amp(No no Peavey and no Line 6) and we have to throw away our beloved 70's tube amps

On the Fender clean setting played it with the speaker of my Vibro Champ-->apart sound build up extremely close now.And a Vibro Champ is a great amp

• Members

I have the trademark10 and despite having tube amps, I love it to death. I actually got my nick from talking about how great this little amp is...Nothing can touch it for low volume performance not even a tube amp with an attenuator. For house playing low volume palm muting heavy rythm the trademark10 has the thump you could hear from a stack pushing alot of air, almost as if it is preprogrammed in its voicing(which a tube amp with an attenuator doesn't). It has sort of speaker sim. It also has a tiny speaker with a tiny magnet that will start to actually move air(surely less than a 12inch speaker) far more early volume wise than a normal 1x12 tube amp combo or stack...As a result it sounds great. It also sounds very good driving an open back 1x12 V30 cab. Check it out if you can. Just don't expect it to beat a hard hitting drummer without outside help!(sansamp D.I. works good!)

It has so many reviews and such a good overall point score in hcreviews page that is incredible.

It the cheapest way to get a good feeling mesa mark sound. Nothing except the axe fx can touch it and the axe fx is more expensive than a real mark...The pod etch does not have a good mark sim or any in that matter. The only other good mark sim is zoom's g series(excellent...) but you need separate amp or speakers...Forget the rectifier sounds they don't relate to tech21's mesa simulation...Trademark 60 does not sound as good for vintage growl...The plexi model is very very good also...Try playing muted the ain't talking about love intro with british, hot rod us speakers, with some mids scooped some added bass and treble to taste till it sound sweet and not harsh...It's there!

Where it fails is that it does not have a clean channel(the fender and marshall clean up nicely but lose volume as a result). It is always as if you're playing through a good warm ss channel but not tube. But where it has it spot on is the response...It responds like a tube amp. If not better! very controllable in the edge of getting distortion by digging in the strings just not exactly tube like.(great in the fender tweed channel though).

I tried to sold it once but it would be a mistake. I 'll never part with it if I can...

• Members

I have one. Hmm... I think it's pretty good but not THAT great? The DI sounds get the job done for recordings but still sound kind of strange. The presets they suggest sound like scoopy garbage. Mine sometimes has issues with the volume fluctuating, something having to do with the volume knob. It does sound pretty good though, and I'd rather have it than a digital modeller.

• Members

Your syntax is very strange, it sounds like you bought both amps and like both amps, is that correct?

LOL....good call, that was the STRANGEST amp shootout I've ever read!

I like Tech 21 stuff. And yeah...most Roland stuff is pretty good too. I'm willing to bet either one would suffice for general private rehearsal...even a small gig or two. I'm not looking for perfect monster tone on these things. Just a simple fun and easy tool to help me rehearse parts, lessons and noodle. Often, the simpler it is the more I can get done/better I get.

• Members

The volume fluctuations are 99% from the effects loop jacks, plug a patch cable and you would be set to go. Also yeah it's not THAT great, but for the volume levels that is designed to be played it is THAT great! So it will not make you sell any mark IIc+, or vh4 but if you re jamming along a song, by yourself, or even DIing(better not use the hot rod gain version as it makes it buzzy/fizzy) it is well, more than convenient, almost inspiring. But the active tone controls are really it's strength and curse: Really a little turn and the sound changes a lot, so it's volume(as you boost frequencies by -+12db!) and may require new eqing.

Archived