is there a better Metal band than Exodus???

guitarbilly74

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
It blows my mind that {censored}in Kirk Hammet was in this band once.. wtf was he doing there, playing catch with the other guys?? geez!!

I guess he did better for himself joining Metallica.. so I will STFU
:lol:

Kirk did some cool stuff with them in my opinion

[YOUTUBE]MfHMcctrKWA[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]3QSrdwwdp_c&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

• Members

Has anyone heard the new Megadeth song, Headcrusher? I was apprehensive before hearing it, having not bought a Megadeth cd since Cryptic Writings back in the late 90's (I've heard Risk, United Abominations and The System Has Failed and wasn't really impressed with any of them) but if this song is any indication of the new album, it may well be worth checking out (the vid is pretty silly, as are most music videos):

[YOUTUBE]0xObNoXujA8[/YOUTUBE]

Love the guitar tone. :thu:

• Members

Toxic Waltz FTW!

^Most definately this. Exodus, back in the 80's were one of the best live bands out there. They tore {censored} up, their tour with Pantera and Suicidal Tendencies was one of the most outrageous shows I have ever been a witness too.

Long live Exodus!

Also, the last time I saw them they had a JSX AND a Triple X going for the guitars and the tone was legendary.

• Members
So, do they use Peavey XXX's? Do you know what their settings are?

Gary uses a Presonus EQ3B to boost the amp, he scoops the mids on the Crunch channel (well sets them at 5) and boost them with the EQ in front, bass and treble are set flat one the eq.

FTR, Lee uses the XXX with Mesa cabs with Exodus, and uses the Recto with Heathen. he boosts the XXX with a Furman EQ.....

Here's some pics of Garys rig.

DSCN0947.jpg
DSCN0941.jpg
DSCN0940.jpg
Thats My Mako on top of his rack....

DSCN0948.jpg

Archived