OT, opinion on my song...

RIFFMASTER

• Members

I'm 23 now, I recorded it 2 years ago with my drummer with a tascom 8 track. It was my first shot at singing, I sing, play bass, and play rythem guitar and the first solo. It's recorded with a laney aor pro tube 50. the other guitar player used a ss line 6, and did the 2nd solo. Just lookin for some opinions. Oh and you should know that I only have 2 fingers on each hand, I have Ectrodactyly. That means I have only a pinky, ring finger and a thumb on each hand. It's called lobster claw syndrom, no bull{censored} I've played guitar for 8 years...

Here's the link:

http://www.myspace.com/revelation1113

• Members

I don't remember the streets, but it was in Antioch.

A family member lived there, and had a boat in a slip.

The boat area was on the river, oh and I remember

where the boat slips were, as you went out

twards the river, there was a rusted halfway sunken barg

as a wave break for the boat docks.

We water skied and fished there every summer.

Hmm, I don't think I've seen a barg, by the boat docks. I guess they moved it...

• Members

Hmmmm...

vocals sound pretty odd. I bet you know that.

Rythmic-wise....your playing is fine. Tone wise....sounds to me just a BIT on the shrill-Marshall side...but not horrible.

Lead wise...similar tone as rhythm, and I can detect some necessary "skip" playing there. :idk: Unlike your rhythm playing, which I think is fine...you may want to use caution. Do the Def Lepperd drummer thing....stay within your means...make the SOUND stand out.

Song wise----hmmm...it's just a demo. Not really my cup o tea...but....I don't put all that much stock in impressing everyone with one demo from two years ago. Put this on your demo list and start making more songs! Move forward.

• Members
Hmmmm...

vocals sound pretty odd. I bet you know that.

Rythmic-wise....your playing is fine. Tone wise....sounds to me just a BIT on the shrill-Marshall side...but not horrible.

Lead wise...similar tone as rhythm, and I can detect some necessary "skip" playing there.
:idk:
Unlike your rhythm playing, which I think is fine...you may want to use caution. Do the Def Lepperd drummer thing....stay within your means...make the SOUND stand out.

Song wise----hmmm...it's just a demo. Not really my cup o tea...but....I don't put all that much stock in impressing everyone with one demo from two years ago. Put this on your demo list and start making more songs! Move forward.

What do you call "skip playing?" :confused:

• Members
What do you call "skip playing?"
:confused:

LOL...my big review and that's it? :p

What I mean is it sounds a little jilty or some notes were skipped during the solos. If I were you I'd use more bends and smaller runs. But I'm not you, you do what you want.

Sorry if I offended you. I always try to give a honest real review and not just a "Sounds good bro :thu: " response.

• Members
LOL...my big review and that's it?
:p

What I mean is it sounds a little jilty or some notes were skipped during the solos. If I were you I'd use more bends and smaller runs. But I'm not you, you do what you want.

Sorry if I offended you. I always try to give a honest real review and not just a "Sounds good bro
:thu:
" response.

Oh I see, I know you'd think for having two fingers I'd be a better picker, but I never practice picking. I allway's focus on the fretting hand, I really need to practice picking but I never do... :thu:

• Members

Honest opinion, don't worry about your fingers. You can make it work. It doesn't sound bad and it sounds like you got potential.

But you are NOT a singer. Even for a weird style you're so off key it's hurting my ears man.

Takes some vocals lessons and you'll have it or maybe get a singer and just play guitar.

• Members

Honest opinion, don't worry about your fingers. You can make it work. It doesn't sound bad and it sounds like you got potential.

But you are NOT a singer. Even for a weird style you're so off key it's hurting my ears man.

Takes some vocals lessons and you'll have it or maybe get a singer and just play guitar.

Yeah, I know I was out of key, I pushed my voice to far and couldn't keep in key. I can now sing that high and keep in key. It was my first shot at singing, I don't go out of key now.

Archived