song feedback

Still.ill

• Members

Pretty cool feel S.I. Love the feel, right up my alley. Sorta psychedelic-surf Pixie'ish in their "Ana" track.

One personal opinion,, I couldn't really hear all the lyrics. Partially because of the way you articulated the words and partially with vocal effects.

Also, you did pretty cool things with dynamics when you backed off during the verses. For example, after the "when all is said and done" line, you came back strong on the "who knows what tomorrow..." But I think it has room for a much more powerful transition in those parts, whether vocally or instruments (or both). You know, it kind of mellows the listener, then you wake them up and get them on their feet with a nice driving beat and powerful vocals.

And I have around thirty posts, does that make you feel a little better? :-D

• Members

I think this is a cool tune. I like the progressions... but share the opinion about the vocals. I strain to hear them... which makes it tough to really appreciate the song because I find myself thinking about how I can't hear them... That being said, in some parts of the song they're crystal clear.

Interesting mix of whispery vocals, early-90's alternative type of sound (when 'alternative' meant something), and Eddie Van Halen type of guitar solos.

• Members

The song itself is quite interesting and I do like the rubber ball progressions but the reverb, especially in vocals, is so heavy that it becames somewhat a sonic mishmash. Maybe intentional to give it an ambient feel?

• Members

I think this is a cool tune. I like the progressions... but share the opinion about the vocals. I strain to hear them... which makes it tough to really appreciate the song because I find myself thinking about how I can't hear them... That being said, in some parts of the song they're crystal clear.

Interesting mix of whispery vocals, early-90's alternative type of sound (when 'alternative' meant something), and Eddie Van Halen type of guitar solos.

thats the general idea about the ambient vocals more as a texture providing a melody

shred gaze hahaha

Archived