WIP: Answer

bee3

• Members

I have a rough of this at home which I can post later. Thoughts on the lyrics?

Talk to me softly

Whisper in my ear

Your deepest secrets

I could be your friend

Or more

It depends what you're looking for

I have the answer

Maybe I'll tell you

For sure

If that's what you're looking for

All this time I spend

Waiting here

Dying here

Your love I don't resent

Waiting for

Dying for

Break it slowly

I don't want to hear

Your sad excuses

I could be anywhere

But here

Just to make it clear

You, you are so shallow

Maybe I'm gullible

It's true

It's the best that I can do

All this time I spent

Waiting here

Dying here

Your love I now resent

Waiting for

Dying for

• Members

Cool. I'm sure you'll get to it when you are finalizing the mix, but you need to seperate the vocal parts more. They are stumbling all over each other and neither wants to give up dominant position.

The phrasing was a little funny on "It depends what you're looking for". You might want to revisit that line.

Nice vocal lift on "all this time". I like how the lead vocal steps aside and lets the backing do a little more in that part.

Perhaps it is the similarity in opening tone to "One of My Turns" but I hear the song surging forward at some point. Perhaps after "It's the best that I can do".

Despite being short, it does drag a little. Aside from the "all this time" there really wasn't any candy to reinvigorate listener interest. I don't think you need to dramatically change anything, but some choice layering that makes you nod in agreement with yourself would be nice. Something sweet and simple that keeps you going just long enough and then BAM!!

the song leaps forward and grabs you by the balls.

At least, that is what I'm thinking after a couple listens.

• Members

I think you're on to something. It's very late Beatlesy and John Lennon-like, but not necessarily derivative, as in, "Oh, he's just copying such and such a song."

Very listenable tune. I like the "shallow/gullible" line a lot.

LCK

• Members

I like the Rhodes and the breathy vocals (Brian Wilson demoing "I Know There's An Answer" or something from Big Star - Third/Sister Lovers). Not crazy about the lyric - the first two verses are kind of creepy, the third verse seems vaguely misogynistic and I don't know quite what to do with the mysticism of the chorus.

Archived