NAD! JMP content...

Say Ocean

• Members

My first jmp was a '72 50 watter. I bought it from a guy listing it in the paper for $250, sold it about 4 years ago for $1700. It was prestine, I wish I still had it. The profit got me into my first ac30 though... so I don't know. I really enjoyed that amp too.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Is this different than jumpering the inputs?

Yes! When you jumper the channels and use one of the low inputs it attenuates the signal a bit. If you a/b a patch cable with a "y" you can clearly hear the difference. When I had g12h30's I used to like the patch cable more, when I got greenbacks, I liked the "y" cable more. Although it could have just been my tastes changed. :idk:

• Members

Yes! When you jumper the channels and use one of the low inputs it attenuates the signal a bit. If you a/b a patch cable with a "y" you can clearly hear the difference. When I had g12h30's I used to like the patch cable more, when I got greenbacks, I liked the "y" cable more. Although it could have just been my tastes changed.
:idk:

What about jumpering them like the picture below. I only ask because I do it this way and then just blend them to get the tone I want. Since I'm using the high input it's still plenty hot. I've never had much luck with Y cables.

IMG_0513.jpg

• Members

my JMP > yours
:cop:

but for $700....
:eek:

rig1-1.jpg

You're JMP gets points for being cameron modded but it's not a real JMP. It's essentially a JCM-800. Having owned both a 2204 and a NMV JMP I can say I like them both but I have to give the NMV JMP the nod when it comes to classic Marshall mojo.

• Members

What about jumpering them like the picture below. I only ask because I do it this way and then just blend them to get the tone I want. Since I'm using the high input it's still plenty hot. I've never had much luck with Y cables.

IMG_0513.jpg

Yeah that's what I'm talking about. One of the ends of the patch cable is in the low input on the bright side so you're getting some attenuation. With a "y" cable you're only blending the two high inputs of both channels. It does sound different but once you try both you may prefer the patch cable. :idk: Eric Johnson uses the "y" cable and one of my friends who used to do some teching for him turned me onto it.

• Members

IMG_0513.jpg

That's what normally jumping the channels looks like... :poke:

Archived