Film music...

• Members

So this is a little different, but I think this is still okay to put here, right?

I'm doing the music for a friend's short film. Definitely a different way of songwriting because it's no lyrics/vocal melodies, and even supposed to be a little less interesting, enhancing the scene as opposed to standing on it's own. It's a challenge, and I dig that.

So, here is the first piece I wrote for the film, this is the demo. The scene is the two main characters walking around and sight seeing in the city trying to forget about the problems they are having, but being unable to. Not quite sad, but a very bittersweet scene. (Great description, eh? It's why I stick to the music and not the writing).

Anyways, tell me what you think. I'm not used to writing stuff like this so I want to get some advice and make sure I'm not leaving any glaring mistakes.

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=10469986

• Members

I have never once seen an episode of Dexter. Might you know of a scene/episode that it's in so I can hear it? Even if I haven't heard that music, I'd hate for someone to assume it was ripped off.

I usually try to have the target audience in mind a little, but honestly this one was tough. I'm not sure what the target audience for the music to a film would be? It seems a film can spread across a wider gap (sometimes at least...) than a certain genre of music could.

• Members

Not sure what the target audience is, but the tune is almost identical to one of the regular background tracks to "Dexter".

I knew it seemed familiar, I just couldn't point my finger at where had I heard this before... (was thinking movie or videogame!)

Still, for the imagery that you provided I definitely think this could be posed as the background music for that particular scene.

Archived