Petrucci's new Mark V rack setup

GodBlessTexas

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I wonder if John knows how to set that up, or even if he COULD do it without a tech?

i would assume that if his tech wired everything right then it shouldn't be too hard to set up. I've seen him use his rack rig in interviews and i doubt he brings his tech along for stuff like that.

• Members

Why would anyone NEED or even USE all of this??

Crazy.

All the pedals and possibly the TC 1210 are in front along with the Comp and the Crybaby via the GCX.

He's probably using the line mixer to split his signal from the single preamp to the 3 power amp sections each with its own TC delay unit.

It all gets mixed back in to the Eventide (stereo) and then back to the Mark V power sections most likely via the Mesa amp switcher.

I'm guessing here but that's how I'd do it.

• Members
All the pedals and possibly the TC 1210 are in front along with the Comp and the Crybaby via the GCX.

He's probably using the line mixer to split his signal from the single preamp to the 3 power amp sections each with its own TC delay unit.

It all gets mixed back in to the Eventide (stereo) and then back to the Mark V power sections most likely via the Mesa amp switcher.

I'm guessing here but that's how I'd do it.

:freak:

• Members

I guess I'm just jealous, but when does it become "too much"? Seriously...

And Mark V's???? Why is my next question. There are so many better amps out there. For being such a gear head that's one choice I don't get. I mean, he doesn't even have a different amp for a back up.

He likes Mesa Mark series amps.

I saw them live on the last tour and his live sound is monstrous. A buddy just got a Mark V and it's a great amp. I've owned a bunch of boogies including marks and they're great amps. Different strokes.

• Members
And Mark V's???? Why is my next question. There are so many better amps out there. For being such a gear head that's one choice I don't get. I mean, he doesn't even have a different amp for a back up.

well im sure he gets a big chunk of change from mesa just for having them in his live rig. Plus i would'nt doubt he's had them professionally dialed in.

• Members

well im sure he gets a big chunk of change from mesa just for having them in his live rig. Plus i would'nt doubt he's had them professionally dialed in.

I know a couple of people who work for Mesa and from what I understand they do artist pricing (basically dealer pricing) but they don't pay people to play their stuff, although we all know you can't really trust anyone these days.

• Members
I know a couple of people who work for Mesa and from what I understand they do artist pricing (basically dealer pricing) but they don't pay people to play their stuff, although we all know you can't really trust anyone these days.

Oh cuz after seeing and hearing his Mark IV/Lonestar rig i didn't really see a point of switching to Mark V's unless they were paying him to. If thats not the case then i guess he really just likes them better i guess. :idk:

• Members

Oh cuz after seeing and hearing his Mark IV/Lonestar rig i didn't really see a point of switching to Mark V's unless they were paying him to. If thats not the case then i guess he really just likes them better i guess.
:idk:

From what I understand he can get what he needs from two of the Mark V's and have a backup where before he was using all 3 amps. Backups are good when you're a major touring act.

Having now spent quite a bit of time playing all the various Marks I can say that the Mark V is really good. The Crunch channel is really a bunch better than R2 was and the cleans are better as well.

• Members

Seems like a pretty simple rig for a major artist if you ask me. Good to see he likes the Mark Vs.

I'm going to sit the fence for a while then buy one. I want to see how they hold up in the real world. My buddies Mark V is awesome but I'd be just as happy with a Mark IV.

• Members

3 pedals, 1 head, 2 cabs. His rig could be done. Maybe this is why their new music is weak.

He needs at least two heads to run stereo because he runs different delay times for right and left. He also needs redundancy which is what 1/3 of that stuff is in case something breaks which we all know can happen.

I've been on sabbatical for a month or two but when I was out gigging weekly I always brought an extra head along in case I had issues with whatever I was planning on playing.

Archived