I need a 2x12 cabinet!

Arm~On~Fire

• Members

I need a decent 2x12 cabinet, ideally something 16 ohm for my Tiny Terror.

I can get a deal on a used Marshall MG412A for $100, or a used Marshall VS212 for $200 with Celestion V30's.

I can't find anything on the VS212 as far as reviews, looks like it is an extension cabinet for the VS265.

The MG412 has less than favorable reviews, but for $100....

The VS212 is right at my peak budget and still stay married amount.

Advice?

Thanks,

Dan

• Members

Worse than the MG?

I have had zero luck acquiring an Avatar, but you are about the millionth person to recommend them.

-Dan

Check eBay. Sometimes they have blowout deals on there to move stuff. The only reason I didn't buy mine off of eBay is because I wouldn't have had a choice at the speakers that were in it. Anyway, they seem to have good deals on there from time to time.

Cole

• Members

Here is one from the bay:

It would look good under that Tiny Terror
:thu:

Cole

Yeah, I am watching that one, but for whatever reason I lost out on a Avatar auction a while back, then it showed that it was re-listed, seemed fishy, like they are trying to get them for more than what they offer on their website.

The VS sounded interested as the guy replaced the speakers with Vintage 30's.

I do have a bunch of carpentry tools and have been toying with just making my own cab and buying some Eminence Gov's or Wizards.

I have been playing the TT through my Crate 212 combo (SS) it has Celestion G12L35's, which sound pretty good, but eventually want to get rid of the Crate.

• Members

We have a HK212 pre-production model on eBay right now, $349 BIN with free shipping. Includes casters, wired 16 ohms, already built and no wait time. This uses the Delta Pro 12A drivers and it's a total beast.

The same cab is available off our webstore and includes a really nice custom embroidered vinyl cover. We save $$ on eBay fees, buyer gets free cover.

We'd be interested to see anyone point out a deal on a 2x12 that's much better than that.

• Members

Anybody got a cab from this guy?

I priced out all the materials to make one, and it would be more than what they are selling them for.

yeah for a basic, no-frills unloaded cab, it's about as good a deal as you can get. we tell people about them all the time when they start saying how they want to build a cab themselves and save some $$. and no, we're not affiliated with them at all.

• Members

OK, can someone explain this to me.

I lost the bid on the Avatar, which is fine as it went for more than I have in my budget, but not 20 minutes later, the same cab is back for sale?!?!

P.S. I checked out the RedStar on eBay, looks like a sweet deal.

yeah they probably have more than one, and they just use the Relist option.

• Members

yeah for a basic, no-frills unloaded cab, it's about as good a deal as you can get. we tell people about them all the time when they start saying how they want to build a cab themselves and save some $$. and no, we're not affiliated with them at all.

Yup, you would save $$$ (and probably frustration) if you were looking for a basic cab, once you factor in the time.

Never mind having all the tools.

• Members

I had the day off from work, and my friend had a half a sheet of 3/4" MDF left over from a sub box for his truck so.......

For a tube of liquid nails I am $2.00 dollars into this, other than my time.

I plan on covering it with Orange Tolex and need to figure out how to make the grille.

I know MDF aint the BEST, but for a first attempt at a cabinet I didn't want to fork out $65 for a full sheet of 3/4" Birch plywood.

I need to decide what speakers to get now: Eminence Wizards or Gov's.

-Dan

• Members

I had the day off from work, and my friend had a half a sheet of 3/4" MDF left over from a sub box for his truck so.......

For a tube of liquid nails I am $2.00 dollars into this, other than my time.

I plan on covering it with Orange Tolex and need to figure out how to make the grille.

I know MDF aint the BEST, but for a first attempt at a cabinet I didn't want to fork out $65 for a full sheet of 3/4" Birch plywood.

I need to decide what speakers to get now: Eminence Wizards or Gov's.

-Dan

Did you use mdf for the baffle too??

That looks good for a first try. The angles all look right anyway! :thu:

Archived