Why does the JVM have more artifacts than an Egyptian Museum?

mcr23

• Members

It sounds great and can definitely deliver the :rawk: on several modes but I feel like the signal is kind of "busy".

Plus the map has all kinds of noise going on at high gain. way more than other high-gainers IMO. :idk:

I suppose a nopise pedal in the loop could fix it :idk:

• Members
It sounds great and can definitely deliver the
:rawk:
on several modes but I feel like the signal is kind of "busy".

Plus the map has all kinds of noise going on at high gain. way more than other high-gainers IMO.
:idk:

Articafts? Dyslexia? :cop:

And that's bull{censored} about the noise. It's not noisy at all, at least mine isn't.

What do you mean by busy?

• Members

Like several syn waves {censored}ing with each other busy...

I find if you're in a naturally noisy room, it will do that to about any high gain amp, but the JVM especially will get those weird dead spots in the tone in a very noisy room. (IE: Neon lights and lots of buzzy electronics...)

-Curtis

• Members

It delivers the :rawk: while playing but then I stopped and there was this wall of buzz going on. I felt like a bug next to one of those blue zappers.

I was sitting there thinking, "Damn, man. I'm using 'buckers :confused: "

But maybe Cuz is right...pickup failure. :idk:

EDIT: I think the volume was at noon

• Members

It
delivers
the
:rawk:
while playing but then I stopped and there was this wall of buzz going on. I felt like a big next to one of those blue zappers.

I was sitting there thinking, "Damn, man. I'm using 'buckers
:confused:
"

But maybe Cuz is right...pickup failure.
:idk:

EDIT: I think the volume was at noon

It could be a bad preamp tube. My Single Rec had a lot of white noise for a while, then V3 {censored} the bed. It sounds a lot better now, but I still use an ISP Decimator in the loop and in front.

• Members

Your problem is your using to much gain, and on the JVM it's almost unlimited how much gain you can dial in, all the way to pretty much pure white noise on the Od red channels with the gain maxed. If your not used to Marshall's that generate {censored} tons of power tube distortion your quint little bedroom level broots tone is going to become a screaming kicking beast you can't control if you keep the pre-amp gain at the same levels as when you crank the JVM and start breaking up those EL34's. As opposed to newer fangled amps like the 5150 or Recto that have real cold biases and contribute almost zero power tube saturation.

It's like a see-saw. You have to balance out the Power tube distortion and the Pre-amp distortion. You won't want as much pre-amp gain at high volumes as at low volumes to achieve similar tones.

• Members
Your problem is your using to much gain, and on the JVM it's almost unlimited how much gain you can dial in, all the way to pretty much pure white noise on the Od red channels with the gain maxed. If your not used to Marshall's that generate {censored} tons of power tube distortion your quint little bedroom level broots tone is going to become a screaming kicking beast you can't control if you keep the pre-amp gain at the same levels as when you crank the JVM and start breaking up those EL34's. As opposed to newer fangled amps like the 5150 or Recto that have real cold biases and contribute almost zero power tube saturation.

It's like a see-saw. You have to balance out the Power tube distortion and the Pre-amp distortion. You won't want as much pre-amp gain at high volumes as at low volumes to achieve similar tones.

I had the gain at 1-2 o'clock still hissed.

• Members

I had the gain at 1-2 o'clock still hissed.

See I never turn the gain on the OD1 orange past 10'oclock using a Les Paul with a 500T in the bridge. That's all gain you need for Slayer tones.

2' oclock is a {censored} ton of gain on the OD1. I would assume at that point it would be hissing squealing like a bitch.

• Members

See I never turn the gain on the OD1 orange past 10'oclock using a Les Paul with a 500T in the bridge. That's all gain you need for Slayer tones.

2' oclock is a {censored} ton of gain on the OD1. I would assume at that point it would be hissing squealing like a bitch.

Yep. I play melodic death metal and thrash and with my LP Custom with BKP Painkillers I don't turn the gain above 10 o'clock.

Archived