Some Metal bands that you MUST check out.

Chrisjd

• Members

+1. But I had already heard of them. I got turned on to eluveitie about a year ago. Great band. Man, you either have to see them (rare occasion here in the US) or watch one of there live videos and tell me that's not {censored}ing bad ass.

Right, totally awesome band. They mix a LOT of different woodwind and stringed instruments together to get a really cool sound.

• Members

yeah man, I have always have had a place in my heart for mnemic and a couple other bands you mentioned. I will definitely check out the rest.

My band just enlisted a new bass phenom (thank you god), and he turned me on to:

OBSCURA

They hail from Germany. WOW. I am on a "find new music" kick right now because I honestly haven't been listening to anything for a while due to my disgust with some of what I have been introduced to (ahem..I Wrestled a bear Once). But now that I have here are a couple of bands that are new TO ME, or that I have rediscovered and yeah...

NILE
PSYOPUS (I wrestled a bear once is wants to be this)
DEATH
MR. BUNGLE
MORBID ANGEL
CARCASS
SUNN O)))
EARTH
KREATOR
EXCEL
LIMP BIZKIT'S FIRST ALBUM
QUICKSAND
MINUTEMEN
BAUHAUS

• Members

I tried to like Textures, but I just couldn't really get into it.

The instrumentals are fine, the vocals, not so much. The lyrics are also not the greatest..

To be honest the vocals are not my favorite part but I can live with them. They're not always great but I find, more often than not, that they are pretty damn good.

Archived