This is for all the people...

tbdmlog

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

How on Earth are they -core?

They have a Hardcore edge to their feel, but not their sound...

It's Melodic Death Metal, like a more intricate version of Terminal Spirit Disease-era At The Gates with splashes of Dissection.

Compare them with any -core band and the only similarity you will find is the Melodeath riffing style, which The Black Dahlia Murder actually uses correctly, they don't simplify it, it's not watered down.

They also DO take themselves seriously, they state in various interviews that the music aspect is never compromised and they always put 150% into what they do, they just have fun on tour, can you blame any young band for doing that? If you had to wait all day to do your show wouldn't you get bored just sitting around?

tbdmlog, they are a great band, don't let these guys get you down!

• Members

Meh. They're OK. I wouldn't leave while they were doing a set (I've seen them at least 3-4 times live by now) but, I wouldn't be going ape{censored} in the pit with all of the scene kids either :o

Solid band, rips off ATG way too much, but has some catchy stuff. Funeral Thirst is a pretty solid song, although the ATG worship is off the charts.

• Members
Meh. They're OK. I wouldn't leave while they were doing a set (I've seen them at least 3-4 times live by now) but, I wouldn't be going ape{censored} in the pit with all of the scene kids either
:o

Solid band, rips off ATG way too much, but has some catchy stuff. Funeral Thirst is a pretty solid song, although the ATG worship is off the charts.

I saw them in Germany when they played with the Ocean.. I did get in the pit, but I was hammered and later on during that trip I was pitting at a pop punk concert as well..:lol: That didnt go over too well.... During the set of the The Black Dahlia the lead singer kept asking for a beer, cause we finished all the {censored} off backstage.. No one gave him one...:lol: So being the nice guy I am I got him a beer after the set... Had a few beers with the guy.. Nice enough, dudes..

On a seperate note.. I remember seeing Dissection, At the Gates, and Morbid Angel at the Thirsty Whale in 94 or 95...

Yup,, Im cool...

• Members
Meh. They're OK. I wouldn't leave while they were doing a set (I've seen them at least 3-4 times live by now) but, I wouldn't be going ape{censored} in the pit with all of the scene kids either

Their first album is complete {censored} compared to Nocturnal.

• Members

:thu:

• Members

Everyone I know who listens to black dolla murder is usually:

A: Social Hermit, sits in room all day debating troo metalz.

B: Goes to highschool parties, then goes home and does "A."

Then, everytime they're called on what a {censored}ty band black dolla is, they say, "Oh man, but they're totally funny, they don't even take themselves serious, they're so awesome bro." Then, they refer to "A."

Haha, this thread is loaded with "A".

Archived