Deluxe Reverb through a Marshall Cab?!

smogfalls

• Members

Hi guys,

This is a real "n00b" question I guess, but I'm gonna ask it anyway!...

Can I plug my Fender Deluxe Reverb Reissue into my Marshall 4x12 cab?

I have a 2 amp setup in which I use a Marshall JCM2555SL for Dirt and with the help of an A/B switch box, I move to my Deluxe Reverb for Cleans.

What I would really like would be to be able to have the Deluxe Reverb going through the Marshall 4x12 too so the sounds aren't so spread.

How would I hook the Deluxe up to the cab? And do I keep the Deluxe's internal speaker plugged in?

The root of my ignorance is my lack of knowledge about Ohms, I just don't get it!

Thanks in advance,

Xan :)

• Members

If your Marshall cab is 16 ohms, I'd say not to do it. If it is 8 or 4, I'd say go for it. If it has four 16 ohm cones you can wore two banks of two in parallel and use two seperate inputs, hook one up to both the main out and ext. out to arrive at 4 ohms; A proper match. By the way DRRIs sound great through a 4x12.

• Members

ahhh okay, thanks alot. I just checked and it appears that the Deluxe is 8ohms. And my Marshall Cab has 2 inputs, one is 16ohm and the other is 4ohm, but they are also labelled "8ohm left" and "8ohm right".

So does this mean I can plug the Deluxe ino the input that says 4ohms? (my Marshall head is plugged into the 16ohm input).

And how does disconnecting the deluxe's internal speaker affect the ohms going to the cab?

Thanks again,

• Members

so you think it'd be okay to go ahead and plug the deluxe reverb into the "4ohm/8ohm right" input on the cab? And if I'm not bothered about using the internal DRRI speaker, I can just disconnect it and run a speaker cable from the internal speaker input to the input on the Marshall Cab?

Thanks again,

Archived