Best LIVE Metal Tone....

Chrisjd

• Members

I can't find good enough clips to do it justice, but Testament, Iron Maiden, Skeletonwitch, Children of Bodom and In Flames. Those are the best tones I've heard live recently.

Children of Bodoms sound varies from very good to absolutely terrible. I've seen them a few times now, and each time the sound had gotten better, but not terribly great. I'm not putting them down, I think they are awesome musicians, I dig their music, but their live sound lacks consistency.

• Members

^^Nic^^ , I forgot about that one. But my fave is In the Name of Tragedy.

they have so many good songs. i caught them at the pageant in st louis in september- first time i'd seen them live. i had had a few beers in me by the time they came on and they opened with 'on your feet or on your knees'- it immediately made me stand up and go get another beer lol.

there is a live version of overnight sensation- i think it's on hammered or some other live album- that is {censored}ing killer. it's not on youtube.

if you dont have the ;stone deaf forever' box set it's worth the money- about a hundred studio songs and a bonus live CD with another 22 or 23 on it. good stuff :thu:

i just love the simplicity of their style and their sound. just crank the marshalls and kick ass :headbang:

• Members

Children of Bodoms sound varies from very good to absolutely terrible. I've seen them a few times now, and each time the sound had gotten better, but not terribly great. I'm not putting them down, I think they are awesome musicians, I dig their music, but their live sound lacks consistency.

From what I heard about my room mates telling me about {censored}ty sound at a show they saw, I found it interesting that the show I went to sounded so good. It sounded great, mind you. Too bad for inconsistencies, but it was on par with album tone or better.

Archived