Marshall 1982??

MattACaster

• Members

Anyone know anything about these cabs?

We're playing a show next month that provides a backline (:facepalm:) and the cabs available to me are either a Marshall 1960 (:mad:) or a Marshall 1982.

The venue said it's loaded with V30s and rated at 300 watts. I'm not sure if they have the wrong speakers listed or the wrong wattage rating...

• Members

Well.. From some quick Google searching.. They either have G12h30's or a higher powered version G12-80.. It seems many of the cabs wattage ratings are mislabled too.. Either way seems like a decent cab..

And why the :facepalm: for the backline? I never found this to be a problem.. In fact I love when I hear there are cabs being provided.. I'll drag along my 4x12, and usually do, but bringing less gear is always better in my book..

• Members

Well.. From some quick Google searching.. They either have G12h30's or a higher powered version G12-80.. It seems many of the cabs wattage ratings are mislabled too.. Either way seems like a decent cab..

And why the
:facepalm:
for the backline? I never found this to be a problem.. In fact I love when I hear there are cabs being provided.. I'll drag along my 4x12, and usually do, but bringing less gear is always better in my book..

Yeah, I Googled too but wasn't sure which one of those speakers (or both) came stock.

Because I don't like using other people's gear. I like my Mesa 4x12 and I have no problem hauling it to a gig. Besides, in my experience, Mesa Rectifiers sound awful through Marshall cabs. :cry:

• Members
Elbo Room

Here is the email from them...

I played the Elbo room.. We brought our own gear..:wave::o

But getting a 4x12 down those stairs isnt the easiest thing, either.. Really narrow..

They have a good sound guy there.. They'll do you justice no matter what cab you are using..

Plus I see a Fender cab with Wizards.. Plenty to choose from.. It'll be fine...

• Members

I played the Elbo room.. We brought our own gear..
:wave::o

But getting a 4x12 down those stairs isnt the easiest thing, either.. Really narrow..

They have a good sound guy there.. They'll do you justice no matter what cab you are using..

Plus I see a Fender cab with Wizards.. Plenty to choose from.. It'll be fine...

This is on a week night so that might be why they want us to use their cabs. It kind of sucks being in a band with gear snobs. The drummer is pissed he can't use his set. The bass player is pissed he has to use 15" speakers. We're all a bunch of whiners. :lol:

I saw that too. Never tried them so I have no idea. Honestly, I can make just about anything work. I was just curious if the 1982 has V30s or not. Speakers in cabs kind of dictate what head I bring.

• Members
This is on a week night so that might be why they want us to use their cabs. It kind of sucks being in a band with gear snobs. The drummer is pissed he can't use his set. The bass player is pissed he has to use 15" speakers. We're all a bunch of whiners.
:lol:

I saw that too. Never tried them so I have no idea. Honestly, I can make just about anything work. I was just curious if the 1982 has V30s or not. Speakers in cabs kind of dictate what head I bring.

Got ya.. Personally I dont like using a different drumset either.. But heads or cabs I dont give too much a {censored} about, as long as its decent..

I dont have that problem with what head to bring.. Ya know, cause I only have 1!:lol::cry:

But Im sure if you get there a few hours early, they'll let you plug into the cabs and jam on em for a bit to feel em out..

And The Elbo room is a pretty professional joint.. And that gear list seems to be rather specific. Like a gear head wrote it up... So I guess I would take their word that the 1982 has Vintage 30's.. Maybe the Vintage 30's were installed later..

• Members

Got ya.. Personally I dont like using a different drumset either.. But heads or cabs I dont give too much a {censored} about, as long as its decent..

I dont have that problem with what head to bring.. Ya know, cause I only have 1!
:lol::cry:

But Im sure if you get there a few hours early, they'll let you plug into the cabs and jam on em for a bit to feel em out..

And The Elbo room is a pretty professional joint.. And that gear list seems to be rather specific. Like a gear head wrote it up... So I guess I would take their word that the 1982 has Vintage 30's.. Maybe the Vintage 30's were installed later..

Yeah, I was thinking that too. The wattage is what threw me off though.

Archived