NPD!!

Guiary

• Members

After many years of searching and finally willing to drop cash on it

Whammy2-1.jpg

I've been using the reissue for a about 3 years or so and this last Summer some dumb {censored} who couldn't seem to walk properly stepped on the power supply jack on the pedal while plugged in. Thought it would be a simple replacing the jack but after I did that the pedal still wouldn't work :confused: Instead of playing around with it I figured it was time to get the one that I was always wanting.

• Members

What are the differences?

The Original is warmer and honestly less digital sounding (hard to say in the first place about a digital pedal). The one thing I noticed is the original seems to track a lot better and when notes fade out there isn't as much of that "digital jargon sound".

I could see both having their own +/- for different applications (styles) but just the sudden warmth and fullness (using that term lightly and in reference to the WH4) in the pitches over the WH4 was well worth it to me.

The detune feature comes through a lot stronger, more prominent. Also I like how this pedal is quite a bit smaller than the reissue saving that extra space on the pedal board is always a plus!

I'll need more time to play around with it to get a total feel for the pedal but keep in mind I haven't used the WH4 since July/August area so my judgement may be a little hazy, but the added warmth, more organic (analog [for a digital pedal]) sound, better tracking and cleaner notes, I'd say it was worth it.

Archived