Mesa boogie choice

danxrs05

• 3 months later...
  • Members

Ok so here updating the thread 3 months later. I am still in the same dilemma.

Buying in about 2 months.

Now I am between the Mark V and the Dual Rectifier Reborn which has the 100/50 watts switch.

I want something with that coz I can use it in my home.

So here I am 3 months later and I could use more opinions and reviews.

I looked into Engl, Framus, PEavey and I always come back to mesa. Good warranty, service center near from my home. Which I think is important TO ME.

Mark III: Not interested.
IV: MEh...used price are still pretty high here (Canada)

• Members

Mark Vs are popping up used all over the place since no one really seems to be happy with them.

Personally, i don't think you can go wrong with any of those amps.

where abouts are you in canada if your in bc you can come to my rehearsal space and try em out before you buy,errrr edit i notice your looking at the updated recto version .Im looking at that also so were in the same boat there .

• Members

I know you're interested in the new DR, but have you considered looking into a used Trem O Verb? I just recently got one and love it, and I know most of the people on here that have/had one have nothing but great things to say about them. To me it may very well be one of the most versatile Rectifiers I've played.

• Members

Mark III: Not interested.

IV: MEh...used price are still pretty high here (Canada)

Why not interested in the III? Why Meh on the IV? Both amps are {censored}ing killer... how high is too high of a price for a IV? Tremoverbs also are amazing amps.

Anyway don't forget about Peters; he's Canadian and his amps are awesome.

• Members

If you're looking for something for home use, DEFINITELY get the Mark. One of the best sounding amps I've used at low volume. Rectos need to be cranked to {censored} to not sound like asshole.

FWIW, the difference between 50 and 100 watts for home use is negligible...cranked its still gonna be loud as {censored}.

• Members

Why not interested in the III? Why Meh on the IV? Both amps are {censored}ing killer... how high is too high of a price for a IV? Tremoverbs also are amazing amps.

Anyway don't forget about Peters; he's Canadian and his amps are awesome.

Coz the mark IV I could find around here (Ottawa, Canada) are approx. 300-400$ less than a NEW mark V.

So it would not be worth it.

• Members

The Mark V is an awesome amp. If you like the Mark sound, it's the kind of amp you keep forever. All three channels are excellent, and it's incredibly versatile. I've heard people say that they've heard people say that they aren't happy with the V, but I haven't heard people say that they themselves aren't happy with the V.

• Members

Can you come up with nice blues sounds with the Mark V.

Coz, i tried one and the clean was awesome as well as the disto. But I didn't get the chance to tweek it enough. Didn't have enough time.

I know i'll try it again but I want your opinions on the blues side of the amp.

Archived