Recommend Me a Good Treble Booster

Rockett

• Members

Keeley Java Boost and Analogman Beano Boost are two standards. I have the Java and can attest to its awesomeness. There's a Rangemaster clone/reissue that looks just like the original, $350.00 or something like that.

also check out BSM pedals, not cheap, but I wouldn't cheap out on a pedal like this.

• Members

i love a good rangemaster! tough to say though-- they're BITCHY about the amp they match with.

i ended up with an mxr micro amp 'cause its more even handed and matched my amp better-- i did a LOT of experimentation with cap values in a couple of rangemaster/ boost pedals, and i never got the magic bullet though until i found the micro amp. it's not nearly the germanium drive sound-- which is FANTASTIC.. but ultimately, the cool gooeyness lost out to it's imbalanced FR...

• Members

i love a good rangemaster! tough to say though-- they're BITCHY about the amp they match with.

i ended up with an mxr micro amp 'cause its more even handed and matched my amp better-- i did a LOT of experimentation with cap values in a couple of rangemaster/ boost pedals, and i never got the magic bullet though until i found the micro amp. it's not nearly the germanium drive sound-- which is FANTASTIC.. but ultimately, the cool gooeyness lost out to it's imbalanced FR...

Interesting information. I agree with you about the Rangemaster being picky with amps. The one I had my hands on for a while LOVED blackface Fenders but didn't jive as much with tweeds. Same thing with a couple of Marshall models.

Btw guys, thanks for the suggestions. Java boost actually has my attention along with a Diaz Texas Ranger and HBE germanium. Anybody have experience with those 2?

Archived