Symphony of Destruction...

Chezdon

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

the hardest part IMO is the ascending run after the first few bends, you economy pick it like Marty does it makes things a lot easier:wave:

+1

Marty is a sneaker sweeper. For me, I always gravitated to marty's stuff because my right hand is weaker than my left.

The first sweep part IMO is much easier than the final descending lick. I know it's weird because the first one covers a lot of fretboard area, plus it's 3x as long. But, the final one is waaaaaay high up there which for me has always been a tough area to dance around in because I'm used to more room. Also, the switch between the first descending arp and the second one is a bitch.

• Members
+1

Marty is a sneaker sweeper. For me, I always gravitated to marty's stuff because my right hand is weaker than my left.

The first sweep part IMO is much easier than the final descending lick. I know it's weird because the first one covers a lot of fretboard area, plus it's 3x as long. But, the final one is waaaaaay high up there which for me has always been a tough area to dance around in because I'm used to more room. Also, the switch between the first descending arp and the second one is a bitch.

Yea I guess it depends on what you are used to playing too, for me that first one felt so weird to play, then I realized that he does those mini sweeps in "3s" and I got it :)

• Members
Yea I guess it depends on what you are used to playing too, for me that first one felt so weird to play, then I realized that he does those mini sweeps in "3s" and I got it
:)

Yerp.

Those first 6 note's weirded me out, but once you get outta that box into the sweep on the high E string, the rest is mainly legato.

• Members

I've never played a solo note-for-note in a cover band other than the first one in "Comfortably Numb". 99% of people won't notice or care. I just make something up that sounds good and hits the high points.

For Symphony, it shouldn't be too hard to get the first bit close, and then improvise the rest.

Archived