A good cabinet paired for the Framus Cobra Top.

Thmbs26

• Members

I own a Framus Cobra top biased at 35mA along with a VHT Deliverance cabinet. It sounds amazing!:thu:

I was just curious on what other cabinets can go good with the Cobra. I've heard that the Framus Dragon cabinet goes excellent with the Cobra.

Let's hear your opinions.

• Members

I run mine through a VHT Fatbottom and it sounds mean, raw and tight.

I've never been more pleased with a cab/head matchup than I am with this one.

:thu:

FAtbottom is Awesome. Replacing the 50's with Greenbacks will kick you into the next dementia:love:!

• Members

A Cobra cab, because its Greenback loaded. Dragon is V30, and Cobra and V30s sound to fizzy IMO.

this is true UNLESS you run the gain very low and turn back the presence...fizz disappears and its friggin THICK. I never had my gain over half past.

• Members

I AB'd the Cobra cab with the Fatbottom when I had both with my Cobra. The Cobra cab was a bit more "vintage" sounding, the FB was a bit bolder/modern sounding. The difference between the two wasn't that big that I was expecting it to be. I preferred the FB over the Cobra cab.

• Members

I own a Framus Cobra top biased at 35mA along with a VHT Deliverance cabinet. It sounds amazing!
:thu:
I was just curious on what other cabinets can go good with the Cobra. I've heard that the Framus Dragon cabinet goes excellent with the Cobra.

Let's hear your opinions.

someone mentioned the matching cab, and of course that is going to sound damn good.

I play mine through two 2x12s. And It has NEVER sounded better. I am in awe every time I light that bitch up. I highly recommend looking into a 2x2x12 set up. I have tried many different 4x12's with the Cobra. And many sound good, but the clarity, thump, thunder, tightness, and cut are unrivaled by what I use now. See my sig, but basically one cab is the size of a 4x12 with 2 Jensen Jets Electric lightnings (V30 type speaks that actually sound good/made in Italy), and a contemporary Avatar cab with 2 Celestion G12k-100's. I can't say enough about how good these speakers are with the Cobra...in all of the frequencies. I think that if you want to go the 4x12 route, get something with 4 G12k-100's. They can take the lowend much much better than the Greenbacks, imo.

Archived