do i need new tubes?

hepsh

• Members

ive been playing my little 5 watt laney since about february 09. for the last little while its been sounding a little flat and not as sparkly as usual. i figured since i play it exclusively and play it lot, and the fact that it's a class A amp, that it might need new tubes. today my friend brought round his MIJ 62 tele, and it sounded absolutely amazing! this annoys me because i have no money, let alone enough to buy a new guitar.

i've had it a little less than year, so you usually wouldn't need to change tubes that often right? maybe my ears ae just getting used to the sound of my epiphone and i'm looking for a different sound.

what do you reckon? will i have to become like all the people on this forum and buy a tele?

• Members
Tubes can go bad after 1 week of playing, like they can last for several years. The only way to find out is to swap the tubes...

If the tubes are at fault, then your sound will come right back to its original brand new shimmer!
:thu:

-D

i know this but its a bit annoying because im a teenager with no money haha

• Members

Tele's sound way different compared to Epiphone LP's. Considering that everything else is okay, it might be just that your ears like a brighter, chimier sound.

i know this. haha teles are completely different beast

Archived