One for the 7 stringers

slazbian

• Members

my new baby smokes it
:thu:

Schecter%202009%20DIAMOND%20SERIES%20DCG

you bastards crack me up with the EMG hate ...how many metal albums have those pickups been on!??!?! as soon as some new {censored} like VADER CABZ, ENGL BUTTINVADERZ AND TITHANZ turn up everythign preceding it sucks
:rolleyes:

So I heard post production is a pretty cool thing. Confirm/Deny?

• Members
my new baby smokes it
:thu:

Schecter%202009%20DIAMOND%20SERIES%20DCG

you bastards crack me up with the EMG hate ...how many metal albums have those pickups been on!??!?! as soon as some new {censored} like VADER CABZ, ENGL BUTTINVADERZ AND TITHANZ turn up everythign preceding it sucks
:rolleyes:

She is Purty!!! :thu:

I LOVE both of mine as well!!!

• Members
Thankfully people that don't play Suhrs appreciate the awesome feeling of paying one third the price for a similar guitar from Ibanez or Schecter....

That is to say, I expect this guitar to come in at well over two grand. Other than very nice fit & finish, and taking out exotic wood options (which bring these guitars into PRS private stock territory) who sees the reasoning behind paying three times the price for a Strat just so you can have a......

Strat?

I've been playing guitar for 31 years and used to own 3 Ibanez J Customs cos' they're nice well built guitars. I also didn't really understand the Suhr hype/price until I tried one...it's like driving a Fiat Punto for years and then being given a Porsche GT3 for the day....just light and day difference....once you've played a Suhr nothing else comes close - even the top-end PRS and Tom Anderson guitars IMO are not a patch in terms of playability... :thu:

• Members
So I heard post production is a pretty cool thing. Confirm/Deny?

?
you mean build quality?
Quality is fairly decent
Theres only 30 of these made :)
I love it , 26.5" scale length , EMGs coil taps to , Neck thru and of course its a flying v!!!!! perfect balance
I'm very strongly thinking about a second one

I've got a UV777BK and its stock pickups are garbage...

The next upgrade was a stephen carpenter 607b
great guitar but negatives = pickup position and no inlays makes it hard to see :(, neck heavy to

IMO 7 strings are pointless without extended scales if you want great definition

• Members

Just because it looks like an Ibanhad doesn't mean it plays like one. I mean {censored}, compare Charvel/Kramer/G&L/Fender/Suhr/ESP/Squier/etc/ They all make strat style guitars, but not a single one of them feel the same. I garauntee you that the suhr is a noice ass guitar. Worth the $2000 clams you'd pay for it. Especially since a comparable Ibanez would be well over a grand and be made in Japan.

Exactly. and the RG1527 is already up to nearly $1300 anyway. So for $2000 this isn't bad.

Archived