Wilder modded DSL50

solarburn

• Members

I see Joe has made his way over here to advertise for me. Enjoyed workin' on his amp about as much as I enjoyed playing on it. Night and day difference from how it was when it first arrived.

Thought I'd post up some clips of the mod I'll be doing on J-Mart's amp as well. This mod is engineered with Super Leads as well as 2203/2204s in mind.

http://www.wilderamplification.com/soundclips/rx.mp3

http://www.wilderamplification.com/soundclips/ucn.mp3

The DSL Wilder mod is based on this mod. The gain stage topology in the DSL is a little different than this one and due to the way the channel switching works on it, it would require some extensive rework to the circuit boards to make it exactly the same as it is for the 80s Classic mod. Hence the slight difference in the voicing on the 80s Classic.

• Members

I see Joe has made his way over here to advertise for me. Enjoyed workin' on his amp about as much as I enjoyed playing on it. Night and day difference from how it was when it first arrived.

Thought I'd post up some clips of the mod I'll be doing on J-Mart's amp as well. This mod is engineered with Super Leads as well as 2203/2204s in mind.

The DSL Wilder mod is based on this mod. The gain stage topology in the DSL is a little different than this one and due to the way the channel switching works on it, it would require some extensive rework to the circuit boards to make it exactly the same as it is for the 80s Classic mod. Hence the slight difference in the voicing on the 80s Classic.

Nice clips bro, i might consider 1 of the mods down the road if the turnaround time is not 2 long

• Members

Nice clips bro, i might consider 1 of the mods down the road if the turnaround time is not 2 long

Joe's took a little bit longer since I had to wait for the power transformer to come in along with his choke/sag resistor switch. Plus his amp was basically the "guinea pig" to engineer the mod. So doing the mods on subsequent DSL amps should go a lot quicker as I now know exactly which components to change/add and what to change them to.

If you want just the Wilder mod, I usually have all the components needed in stock so it shouldn't take more than a week from the time that I receive the amp. If you want transformers swapped out, I usually like to invoice via PayPal for these and get them on order prior to you shipping the amp so that they'll arrive right around the time of or just before the time I receive your amp, which reduces down time.

• Members

It took both Voodoo and FJA 3 to 4 weeks. Jerry was longest but he's the only one doing it and had other amps in. I'm patient either way and will wait for good tone. A week is great turn a round time.:thu:

• Members

Jon, where exactly are you located? I am running into a few extra pennies and I have a Laney VH100R that could use a bit of tightening up. Is this a challenge you are up for? How much am I looking at?

I'm in Rohnert Park...up near Santa Rosa, about an hour north of San Francisco.

Been trying to locate a schematic for a VH100R. If I can obtain one I'd be up for it. Not sure how much it would cost as of yet and won't know until I have a schematic for it.

• Members

I mean "a while" in the sense that it takes a week of UPS time each way for me. I don' think it takes any tech a longtime once they have their hands on the amp.

Since I live on the west coast too it only takes 3 days for mine to get to him. Yeah that 5 day travel adds on to the time for sure.

• Members
Since I live on the west coast too it only takes 3 days for mine to get to him. Yeah that 5 day travel adds on to the time for sure.

Hey solar i called and spoke to Jon on the phone yesterday (5-10 minutes turned to 35 minutes, -- cool guy/nice and i might be sending him a amp down the road (if i can get a cheap DSL lol)

You making any other clips?

:wave:

• Members
Hey solar i called and spoke to Jon on the phone yesterday (5-10 minutes turned to 35 minutes, -- cool guy/nice and i might be sending him a amp down the road (if i can get a cheap DSL lol)

You making any other clips?

:wave:

No I don't have the means to yet. I may get one of those Zoom Q3's so I can eventually.

Just so you know that is Jon playing in those clips. He did them before sending me the amp.

Well I hope you can find a DSL. Should be fairly easy to find one at a decent price. The mod is a good one. IMO its what a DSL should of sounded like out of the box. Marshall should get in touch with him.;):thu:

• Members

I'm in Rohnert Park...up near Santa Rosa, about an hour north of San Francisco.

Been trying to locate a schematic for a VH100R. If I can obtain one I'd be up for it. Not sure how much it would cost as of yet and won't know until I have a schematic for it.

Shoot me an email if you still need it. jerry@fjamods.com

Jerry

• Members

I'll shoot you an email Jon. Thanks Jerry for giving him the schematic. I know there has got to be a way to tighten up the amp just a bit. Heck, maybe Jerry knows...Just would hate to ship it back east considering I am in San Diego.

I received the schematic. Thanks a bunch Jerry!

I gave it a glance over and am coming up with some ideas for it. Shoot me an email when you get a chance.

sales@wilderamplification.com

Archived