OT: What happens to your body when you die with no money?

Travisaurus Rex

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

cremation has gained some on burials. depends on religions and customs maybe.

cremation places make some good money to burn you up!

plus the little trinkets they fill with ash are expensive. little dolphins, horses, and other nick nack looking things are like $100 - $200 each. an urn will cost you some cash too. death = $, of you are broke, you prolly get the pine box burn you and the give the survivors in your family a bill for $1000.

• Members

Watch the documentary 'A certain kind of death'

Shows you what happens when you have no next of kin or friends when you die. Basically the county comes in, auctions all your stuff, drains your bank account, and if you have enough and have expressed interest in a funeral you might get one. If not they keep the money and you get cremated and put in a metal tin. Your ashes then sit on a shelf for about 2-5 years until the city decides to pay some workers to dig a mass "grave" somewhere and they pour everybody in all together.

Imagine a bunch of 18-25 year olds getting paid minimum wage dumping a couple thousand boxes full of ashes into a hole on a windy day.

Personally I would rather decompose in a field or something peaceful.

• Members
Watch the documentary 'A certain kind of death'

Shows you what happens when you have no next of kin or friends when you die. Basically the county comes in, auctions all your stuff, drains your bank account, and if you have enough and have expressed interest in a funeral you might get one. If not they keep the money and you get cremated and put in a metal tin. Your ashes then sit on a shelf for about 2-5 years until the city decides to pay some workers to dig a mass "grave" somewhere and they pour everybody in all together.

Imagine a bunch of 18-25 year olds getting paid minimum wage dumping a couple thousand boxes full of ashes into a hole on a windy day.

Personally I would rather decompose in a field or something peaceful.

Is this a joke? What the {censored} do you have against 18-25 year olds? You seem to think you are important.:wave:

• Members

Yep. Once it's over, it's over. I think it OP was referring to a loved one dying an him having no money for a funeral though.

it is. but it's weird to think about. considering our universe is billions of years old, and we all coalesced here from stardust drawn together by gravity, and we'll all be reduced down to stardust again someday, and considering the fact that every molecule of iron on planet earth came from supernovea out there exploding somewhere sometime ago, is it really the end? or is it just another part of the circle of life that we all experience? just as the earth orbits the sun and the milky way orbits around a powerfull black hole- we all circle the drain of life....lol only to spring up once again someday :lol:

maybe our consciousnesses are indeed "heaven". maybe "consciousness" itself is the ultimate creation of the universe.

just think about it. maybe billions and billions and billions of years from now- all the molecules that make up your being- could be coalesced together once again- to read the meanderings of one "9ball" from HCAF once again. doesn't it just blow your {censored}ing mind? :lol:

• Members
i am really serious when i tell you that i am really not worried about it at all...lol

i'll end up in one place or another eventually lol

i don't think there's going to be any kind of "consciousness" on the other side, so it doesn't matter.

but to be honest i'd rather be creamated and scattered than stuffed in a box and sunk in a hole lol.

You might not give a {censored} what happens to your body when your dead, but the people you've left behind might. They're the ones who'll be stuck with the cost if you haven't prepared anything for it. And a {censored} of a cost it can be. :idk:

I too don't give a {censored} what happens to me when I die, but someone's gonna have to deal with it when it happens... :idk:

• Members

you guys are seriously telling him to get life insurance to pay for a funeral? HAH

Nope. I don't have life insurance to pay for a funeral. I could pay that out of pocket. I have life insurance because I have a 2-year-old son, and if I die today, that represents somewhere between $1-2 million in lost wages that would have gone to raise him until he was 18. (And I would have paid for college, too.) I don't want him or his mother to be insecure without me. OP has a kid; that's a good reason to have life insurance.

The expected utility of life insurance is usually negative. That is, (the value of your policy multiplied by the probability you will use it) minus the policy premium yields a negative number. So, in that sense, term life policies are a bad bet. For every dollar I spend on term life insurance, I expect to get less than a dollar back. However, I am not buying it for that reason. Instead, the purpose of buying it is to prevent a disaster: my wife and son being desperate in my absence.

• Members
{censored} nosy ass neighbors
:mad:

Do it late at night when everyone's asleep
:o

We did. I was out after 11 pm. just figured oh well, put the dog in a bag, dug the hole, kids said bye.. started shoveling over, then the flashlights came out of nowhere. I think the city gets a cut of the $85

• Members

aint the half of it. stupid city it is!

my MIL was living with us and we built a deck with a house wraparound for her wheelchair/walker. had all the documents and stuff sorted by the builder/contractor. during the build, my MIL passed away. we went to fla to bury her remains, came back a week later and an ARREST warrant was on our front door.

seemed the contractor never was approved on the permit, so they put out a warrant on me! even that was over the simpleton contractor's gopher didn't pay the fee for the permit. so they fined me $175 plus the $120 building permit. The 175 was to send a warrant to my house :freak:

Archived