I want a 9100 or 9200

guitarbilly74

• Members

How so?

Those are the Dual Monoblocs right?

They're supposed to be superior in every way to the 9005.

The 9005 has all the pots and sockets mounted directly to the chassis with flying leads,, Drake transformers, the circuit is wired to take EL34's, 6L6's or 6550s with just a bias change.

The duals have cheaper transformers, pcb mounted parts and require a modification to take El34's.

• Members

The 9005 has all the pots and sockets mounted directly to the chassis with flying leads,, Drake transformers, the circuit is wired to take EL34's, 6L6's or 6550s with just a bias change.

The duals have cheaper transformers, pcb mounted parts and require a modification to take El34's.

All news to me.

I remember clearly, when the DM line came out, cuz I had just bought my 9005, NEW. :facepalm:

The talk was, that the DM was the 'real deal' with better parts, bigger tone...etc. You're the first person I've heard/read with a different story. Thanks for the info, though.

And keep talking up the 9005.

I'd like to sell mine one day. :cop:

• Members

Another issue with the 9100/9200 is that some types of 6L6's won't fit with the top cover on. And there is no way to swap tubes without taking it off the rack.

But 9005 is basically the the 800 power section while the 9100/9200 is based off the 5881 equipped 900s.

I haven't tried the new EL 50/50 or 100/100 yet.

• Members

On the bay at this moment with high bid of $200, and 1:42 left...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Marshall-9000-Stereo-Tube-Power-Amplifier-No-Reserve_W0QQitemZ170440748069QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item27af0f6c25

A friend in Denver had one, and it sounded phenomenal.

Ahhhh, I forgot you had a 9000 series.

Never mind then, and stick with yours. It's a better amp.

• Members

On the bay at this moment with high bid of $200, and 1:42 left...

A friend in Denver had one, and it sounded phenomenal.

Ahhhh, I forgot you had a 9000 series.

Never mind then, and stick with yours. It's a better amp.

man something from here should buy this... even it the price doubles it's a hell of a deal

Archived